chapter seventeen.

Peeta POV

*; *; *; *; *; *;

It hurts me to see her like this. It literally brakes me. Katniss is broken. Not physically but mentally. They have messed up her life.

" Katniss. It will be okay. I am sorry. I would have much rather it have been me than you-" she interrupts me," No! No.no." she mutters. Prim and her mother knock on the door." Can we talk to katniss please Peeta?" Prim askes.

I don't really want to leave Katniss, but I do. I nod and look at katniss. I'll be back soon." I let go of her hand. Her eyes follow me out. I walk out the door.

I go and get something to eat and find Haymitch.

He is in the control room. I knock on the door.

"Hi." I say. "What you doing?" I add. He is watching something but turns it off when he knows its me.

" oh. Um. Hi Peeta." He mumbles.

"I was just ummm watching something." He doesn't meet my eyes.

" what were you watching?" I ask.

" if you really want to know Peeta. I was watching images of.... Katniss." He sighs.

" when she was in the capitol? No way. How did you manage to get those?!" I say, shocked.

" Beetee managed to get the security cameras to work." Of course. Beetee. I should have known.

"Is it bad?" I ask quietly.

" Its awful. Truly horrible." Haymitch mutters.

I can't believe it. I can't believe what I say next.

" Haymitch. I want to see." I am shocked.

" Peeta. I don't think that's a good idea." I interrupt him.

" I want to see." I raise my voice.

He pushes play. There is katniss screaming. A new video plays. Snow is injecting her with a purple liquid. She falls to the ground. The jabberjays. She is in a small room with hundreds. All screaming at her. " Peeta! Prim! Rue!" She screams. She bends down covering her ears. Just like she did in the games. The games that destroyed her.