chapter 33

Peeta POV
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Snow meets me backstage.
''Good Peeta. Much better than last time with Miss Everdeen. Now. You will have another interview with Ceaser in two days. Now go and get some sleep, you will need it for tomorrow.'' Snow says, and continues walking down the hall.
The PeaceKeepers take me back to get changed, into a T-shirt and track pants. I run into an Avox., who is In a wheelchair, going in the opposite direction.
I want to talk to him, but the peacekeepers walk me forward, almost as if they can't see that he wants to talk to me. He shoves a note in my pocket, and continues down the hallway as if nothing happened.
When I get taken back to my cell, I wait till I am sure that they are gone, and I get the note out of my pocket. In swirly handwriting,

'Peeta, I want you to know, that President Snow has planned a bombing,
two days from now.And I can't get through to District Thirteen. You need to warn them Peeta.

I fold the note back up, and put it in my pocket.  I don't know what to do. Why does the capitol, have to bomb district thirteen? Didn't they already bomb the district? Katniss. She is down there. I can't let her get hurt. I need to warn them. Some how. How though? There's no garuntee that Katniss will even be watching. I sigh, and look across at Annie. She is curled up in a ball, tears silently creeping out. All I can think about, is Katniss, as scared as I was during the bombings. I don't want that for her. I told her that she would be safe down there, and I will stick to my words.
''Annie?'' I call her name quietly.
''Y-yes?'' She stutters. I shuffle over to the cell wall, that she is closet to.
''We'll be alright. Okay?'' I say, quietly. I really want to talk to her about what Beetee said on that peice of Paper, but I bet the whole room is bugged. Instead I close my eyes, and imagine Katniss, lying in bed, safe. Not in the middle of a rebellion. Just her. Safe and sound.

I suppose that our names were reaped in the hunger games for a reason. Good, or bad. Bit if me name hadn't been reaped, then she probably wouldn't even know that I exist. So I suppose that that is one good thing that came out of the games.
I remember, One day, we were sitting in class, katniss was staring oit the window,and then we heard a humongous boom. I could see the fear cover her face, and she ran out of class. The teacher, shouting her name, over and over again. But katniss ran. She grabbed her sister out of class, and carrying  Prim on her back, ran towards the seam. Later that night, we found out that the boom was the mine blowing up. I wondered how Katniss new.
Then I think of her that time in summer. It was a warm day, the first day of spring, a year after the mine blowing up. The sun was  beating down on District Twelve. I was sitting eating  an apple, under an old tree, on the field of the school. Katniss was walking across the field, wearing a pale yellow dress, and two braids. She bent down to get something. A dandelion. She holds it up in front of her. A smile spread over her face.

And, dreaming of Katniss, I finally fall asleep.