Chapter 39

Peetas POV
.....................

Katniss is probably dead. She should be. She deserves to die. After all, she is a mutt.
A mutt that killed everyone I love.

They come to take me away, the same time everyday, which is 10 o'clock. They take me to a different room, unlike every other day. The room has a completely different layout to took 156. They throw me down onto the metal bench that lies amongst the sets of tools and serums.
Its like a house, in the middle of a meadow surrounded by Daisey's. Just like Her old house.

I get plummeted into darkness. It covers me like a blanket, well, that's before the images roll through my mind. Of Katniss. Before the first games. After the interview with Ceaser. When she tried to hurt me.
Not just me though. She gets everyone. Hurts everyone. This whole rebellion is her fault.
The whole reason I'm here is her fault. If she had just eat ten those berries and died, then everything would be normal.
The next image is shiny, and almost doesn't... Seem real.
Katniss shouting at me. Katniss. Katniss.Katniss. Why won't that name leave my mind?

Next they take me to another room. President snows office.
''Ahhhh. Peeta. Nice to see you.'' He says dryly.
I stay quiet.
''Now. I want to talk to you. I want you to forget everything about Katniss Everdeen.'' He pauses, and takes a sip of his funny coloured drink. He clears his throat.
''The kiss.'' What kiss?
''The night in the cave.'' When she hurt me.
''I want you to forget Katniss Everdeen.''
''Yes Sir. Katniss Everdeen is a Mutt.'' I reply.
''Good Peeta.'' President Snow says with a sly grin.

Katniss POV
*************

The bombs go on for hours. The whole time, I can only think of Peeta. Peeta Mellark. My boy with the bread. I... Miss him. Why didn't the capitol just take me again? Peeta didn't start the rebellion. Peeta didn't upset the Capitol. Peeta is Innocent.
Its me that caused all the trouble. I started the rebellion. They need to leave Peeta alone. I need him.
Without knowing it, my body gets up from the bed an goes to find someone. Anyone. Not Gale. The first person I come across is Finnick. He is sprawled out on his bed, starring at a picture of Annie.
''Hey.'' I say quietly.
''Hi.'' He replays simply, sitting up at putting the picture of Annie down.
''You can sit down, if you want.'' Finnick says slowly, his voice sounding scratchy. He's been crying.
''Thanks.''
We stay silent for a long time. Until I speak.
''I want to hand myself into the Capitol.'' I say simply, as if its no big deal. But it is.
''What?'' He says in a shocked voice.
''You heard me.'' I reply.
''You can't. Katniss. We will get Peeta and Annie out of there. You can't go!'' He says, so loudly, that we get a number of shushes.
''Sorry.'' I mutter on behalf of both of us.
''I won't let you go! If Peeta were here, would he want you to throw yourself into the hands of the Capitol? You have been there once Katniss. You don't need to go again.'' Finnick says as he focuses on making a knot.
And then Haymitch comes along.
''There are people around here who want to try and sleep! Like me for instance!'' He grumbles.
''Sorry Haymitch, but I'm trying to tell Katniss that she shouldn't hand herself into the Capitol!'' Finnick exclaims. I glare at him. What a snitch! I say to myself.
''And why would you want to do that sweetheart?'' Haymitch says, in a husky voice.
''Because. If you won't go and rescue Peeta, then I will!'' I say, getting up and walking over towards Prim.
I take a deep breath. If they had just rescued Peeta when I had asked them, then I wouldn't be thinking like this!
I go back to bed, and stare up at the ceiling.
I thought that Finnick would side with me! I mean, isn't his girl friend in the Capitol?
''Katniss?'' Prim whispers through the pale light of our lamp.
''Yes, little duck?'' I whisper back to her.
She comes and joins me in my bed.
''What's wrong?'' She asks softly.
''Nothings wrong,little Duck.'' I say.
''Don't lie to me Katniss. I know that your fretting about something. You can tell me.'' She says quietly, as she takes my hand.
''Its Peeta.'' I sigh.
''I thought as much.'' She remarks.''What about Peeta?'' She asks.
''I...miss him. I am here, safe, while he is in the Capitol, not safe.'' I mutter.
''Katniss. President Coin said that she will get him out of there. You have to trust her.'' Prim says.
That's the problem. I don't trust her.
''Okay. I'll try and trust her.'' I say, for Prims sake.
''Good.'' Prim says, obviously content with the outcome.
''Katniss, we need you in command.'' Haymitch says.
''You go Katniss. I'll be here when you get back.'' Prim smiles.
''Okay, little duck. I'll be back soon.'' I say, kissing her on the forehead.
''Love you.'' Prim adds.
''And I love you. Forever. Don't forget that Prim. Okay?'' I say, staring into her eyes.
''Don't worry. I won't.'' She smiles.
I get out of bed and follow Haymitch.

Hey guys!

Sorry that this is the first update in ages! But I have ideas now, and my schoolwork has cleared. Please don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you for reading!

May the odds be ever in your Favour

-Laura♥
(Everlark_Feels)