Chapter 35

Peeta POV
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The Next day is awful.
They force me up and out of bed, not that there is actually a bed, and take me to another room. Before I am even fully awake, I get injected with some sort of pale orange serum. Before I can even ask what it is, I get plummeted into darkness.
''Peeta...'' Katniss.
''Peeta? Where are you? I need you...'' She says. I scream out her name. I can see her in a distance. I start running towards her. She runs towards me. But its not her. And I can see it as soon as I get close enough to see her face. Her eyes are black. Not her beautiful grey seam eyes. She wraps her arms around my neck.
''I missed you so much!'' She says. She has her arms around my neck, and they seem to be getting tighter, and tighter. Until I can't breathe.
''Katniss. I can't breathe!'' I say, trying to pry her off me.
''I know Peeta. I know. Don't panic. I know what I am doing.'' She says, her voice stratchy. I can physically feel her choking me. I scream out her name, until I have no voice left.
''Katniss. Let go.'' I yell out.
''No Peeta. I want this. I don't want you. I'm a mutt. The capitol created me. To find you. And keep you alive. But now, there's No point. I can hurt you. I'm not real. That girl you love? Gone. I'm a mutt Peeta. I don't love you. Good bye Peeta.'' She says, laughing, as I suffer. This isn't Katniss. She wouldn't do this. She loves me. She said so herself.
''You aren't Katniss.'' I mutter.
''Oh yes I am Peeta. Don't kid yourself. You know that I'm The Katniss Everdeen. The Girl on Fire. The Mockingjay.'' She says, and she bends down to my height. I am lying on the ground, with her hand on my neck. She lifts up her hand, and slaps me hard on the cheek.
The physical part of her slapping me, doesn't hurt as much as what she said earlier.
I can feel myself being dragged back to consciousness. I feel cold hands grabbing and clawing me. I feel like I've just woken up, from a long night sleep.
''That's Enough!'' I hear a harsh voice. An old voice, that I could recognize from anywhere. President Snow.
''Take him back, and get him ready for tonight. Bring his old stylists back. Let him see them.

An hour later, there is my prep team. Portia. She has a purple wig on. With high heals, that are more rediculous then some of Effies shoes. A tight skirt, almost so gig that she can't walk. I can't smile. I feel drained. Like all the light has been sucked away. A peace keeper stands in my room as Portia does her job.
''The president does not want his face covered up with makeup.'' The peace keeper says, just as Portia was about to do my face. She nods quickly.
When she's finished, she gives me a sympathetic smile. Snow wants me to wear a white suit. And shoes. I look like a giant ball of cloud.
Snow meets me backstage of where I will have the interview.
He hands me a rose. I feel like I could break down. I'm already on the verge of tears. I want Katniss. And I just want to go home. But that's not an option. I have to stay here. And keep up my deal to Keep Katniss safe.