chapter 30

Katniss POV
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
District 12 really is... Gone. Small spires of smoke, rise up from the piles of  rubble. My home. Gone. Everything I've ever known of, gone. I climb over a pile of rubble. When I get to the top, what I see, makes me gasp. Bodies. Hundreds of them. Lying on the ground. Lifeless. With burned faces. I put my shaking hand over my mouth, and I drop down to the ground.
Ten or so minutes later, I bring myself to my feet, and turn around. The justice building. The only word left or the big concrete headboard, is Justice. I walk in the direction of the victors village. The only thing remaining. I enter our house, surprised to find everything untouched, and normal. I walk straight to the coat hanger and retrieve my Gathers jacket, and hunting bag. I slip the jacket on with ease, and go into the kitchen. I jump, as Buttercup comes jumping through the window.
"Stupid Cat." I mumble.
He hisses, and meows, almost as if he is disagreeing with me. He trys to go back outside, but I get him.
"Don't you want to see Prim?" He looks up at me. Prim. The one thing that this cat and I agree on. Prim. I shove him in the bag, and I get some of my Mothers herbal remedies from the draw. I go into the study, and I get my fathers picture. It makes me wonder, if he was here to see me now, what would he say to me? Would he be round of me? Or ashamed? If he only had one sentance to say t me, what would it be? I miss my father.
When I look at the desk, I see a bunch of white flowers, all dead. I go over to have a look, and see that there is one Rose left. Compelety new, not a trace of brown. With dew drops on the petals. There is one person, who has these.Snow. I drop the rose immediately, and get out of that room. I leave. But not before getting the plant book, that Peeta helped me make.
Too many memories. I leave. The hovercraft lands, and takes me back to Thirteen. I go straight to my mother and Prim, and shut the door behind me. My mother embraces me in a hug.
"Its okay. We are okay." She says.
Buttercup hisses, and Prims eyes light up.
"Buttercup!"she says, getting him out of the bag and wrapping him in her arms.
"Oh Buttercup! I can't believe your still alive!'' The smile that Buttercup puts on Prime face is priceless.
"I got Some stuff for you too, mom.'' I say to her, pulling out the photo and the bottles of herbal remedies. She looks at me, and a tear slips out of her eye.
''Thank you, Katniss.'' She smiles.
Prim sits Buttercup down on the bed, and hugs me.
''Thank you.'' She says.
I smile.
''Come on. Let's go and feet something to eat.'' I say to my mother and sister.
We leave our room, and go into the cafeteria. The cafeteria is humming with with peoples confosations, each family shares a table with another family, and my family shares with Gales family. I mainly talk to Prim. Until the TV in the centre of the room turns on, revealing Ceaser Flickerman.
''Whoever you are and what ever you are doing, you are going to want to witness this. Here, to shed some light on the quarter quell, Is Mr Peeta Mellark.'' I freeze.