Chapter 7

" Meredith i'm home" shrieked Izzie loud. " Kitchen" responded Meredith. Izzie walked in the kitchen seeing Meredith play a game with Emma, and Lexie was baking pancakes. " Smells good! I'm Isobel Stevens but everyone calls me Izzie" smiled Izzie shaking Lexie's hand . "Alexandra Grey, but everyone calls me Lexie" responded Lexie smiling. " Soo.. what do you do for a living?" asked Izzie being her curious self. " I'm an intern " smiled Lexie while turning around the pancakes.

" Merr.. can we talk upstairs for a sec?" asked Izzie. " Sure izz, Emma be a good girl and stay at the table, mama is right back" smiled Meredith. Meredith followed Izzie out of the kitchen to the living room.

" You're good with her, she adores you" smiled Izzie. Meredith shrugs and smiles. " Where are George and Alex?" asked Meredith. " They have the night shift so they'll be home around 7 am" sighed Izzie. " I'm scared Izz.." " I know you are" sighed Izzie sad. " Meredith.. why did you leave" asked Izzie. " I couldn't handle this life anymore, Ellis & Derek and his Mchot wife" sighed Meredith sad. Izzie wrapped her arms around Meredith's shoulders and put Meredith's head on her shoulder.

" Dinner time" shrieked Lexie from the kitchen. Meredith and Izzie stood up and walked to the kitchen quickly. Lexie glanced over at Meredith but didn't say anything. " Mommy, can i have lots and lots of sugar on my pancake?" chuckeled Emma. " I promised you'd get a slice of bread with cheese as dinner but they quickly changed into pancakes, so there's your answer" smirked Meredith. Emma pouted but turned back to her cheery self within' seconds. They ate their pancakes in peace everyone listening to Emma telling long story's .

Emma had her head on Meredith's lap fast asleep. " Its 11 pm already, let's get to bed, it isn't good for Emma's back to lay like this" sighed Meredith tired. Meredith lifted an asleep Emma in her arms and walked upstairs. Meredith quickly changed Emma in her favorite pyjama and handed her her stuffed cat. "Goodnight emmie i love you" smiled Meredith kissing Emma's nose. " Da da Momy" sighed Emma sleepy. Meredith walked down stairs and helped Izzie & Lexie clean the rest up. "i'll finish up here, you have had a long day both of you, go to bed" smiled Izzie encouraging. " oh and Mer, if i get paged to the hospital ill slip a note under your door okay?" " Fine" smiled Meredith. " Goodnight" yawned Lexie.

" Come, we'll sleep in my bed together Lex, Emma is sleeping on a matress" smiled Meredith. Lexie climbed into be with Meredith and they both fell asleep within seconds.

the sound of a cell phone made them all wide awake. " MEREDITH THERE'S SOMETHING WITH CRISTINA YOU HAVE TO GET HERE NOW" shouted Izzie through the phone. Meredith rushed up immediatly, changed into her clothes, " i have to get to the hospital can you watch Emm?" " Sure Mer, go be careful!" sighed Lexie. Meredith ran down the stairs put on her jacket and ran to her car getting in as soon as she could driving to the hospital..

A/N what is wrong, or not wrong with Cristina, comment what you would like to see happen in this story!