Chapter 25

"How was yesterday" asked Lexie grinning when she saw Meredith and Derek walk in together. Meredith put her hand in the air showing her the ring. Lexie squeeled in enjoyment congratulating both of them. " So have any ideas about when and where?" asked Lexie overly excited. "In 2 months, on Derek's land what then will be our backyard already" smiled Meredith thinking about their wedding. "I dropped Emma of in daycare, she slepped trough the whole night" smiled Lexie. "Good!" sighed Meredith relieved,

"Grey can you scrub in with Bailey?" asked Owen when she saw Meredith checking out the OR board. "Yeah sure, what procedure?" asked Meredith curious. "Just an apendectomy but she needs the extra hands" responded Owen. Meredith held her thumb in the air and smiled " that's okay".

"What is she so happy about" whispered Izzie to George. " I don't know i haven't seen her smile since The day Cristina passed away" whispered George in a response. "If you both are going to talk about me, please include me in the conversation next time" smiled Meredith. "I-i-i, MER" shouted Izzie , "Yes?" asked Meredith turning around again. " Why are you so happy?" adked George. " Because my boyfriend isn't my boyfriend anymore" smirked Meredith, "You guys broke up?" asked George in some what disbelief. " Ofcourse not he must've proposed" whispered Izzie again. Meredith nodded smiling "He's my fiancé" .

"Making the cut in the appendix" said Bailey slowly moving the scalpel. Suddey the slow and steady beeping of the patient went flat "patient is coding, get me the paddles" shouted Bailey. " Starting cardiac massage" sighed Meredith. "WHERE's THAT DAMN CRASH CART" shouted Bailey. "Here,Here" sighed a nurse, "Push one of epi, charge to 200, CLEAR" Said Bailey putting the paddles on the womens chest. " Steady rythm" sighed Bailey relieved.

"Her chart didn't indicate any kind of heart problems muttered Bailey when they were scrubbing out. "I know" sighed Meredith weirded out. Meredith put on her ring again switching it around her finger a little. " Pin it to your scrubtop" smiled Miranda showing where she pinned her ring. Meredith looked amused and pinned her ring to her scrubtop "Thanks" smiled Meredith. Miranda dried her hands and pushed the door open " Oh and Meredith? congratulations" smiled Miranda. Meredith's face lit up and smiled "thank you doctor bailey".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"MOMMY MOMMY" squeeled Emma, when she saw Meredith walk in their house. "Hello baby girl" smiled Meredith when Emma wrapped her strong tiny arms around Meredith's leg. "Where is Derek babygirl?" asked Meredith kneeling down on face hight with Emma. Emma pointed her finger to the bathroom "I think he's sick" growled Emma making a weird face. Meredith grabbed Emma's hand and together they walked to the bathroom seeing Derek with his head resting on his arm on the ground,his perfect hair wasn't sitting so perfect anymore and vommit was sticking around the toilet. "Iell" squized Emma running away from the bathroom back to the couch. "Hey babe, what's wrong?" asked Meredith sanking down next to Derek on the bathroom floor. "i ordered chinese for us, but you were late so i ate one of the springrolls an-" Derek got interupted by a next flow of vomit pouring out of his mouth. Meredith brushed her hand trough Derek's hair, "You don't have to stay in the bathroom with me" sighed Derek sore. "I love you Derek, i'll be here for all of your trashy, stinky, not so perfect hair momets" smiled Meredith softly. Derek grunted "My hair is always on point" he muttered.

"I think i'm okay for now, can we move from the bathroom to the couch" muttered Derek tired. "Oh lord yes, my ass is sore" grunted Meredith. Meredith helped Derek up from the ground and held him steady walking to the couch together "Mommy i'm tired, can you bring me to bed?" asked Emma yawning tired. "Sure baby, you go run upstairs and grab your princess sofia pyjama" smiled Meredith, She lay Derek on the couch putting a blanket over him " Go sleep it off" smiled Meredith kissing Derek's forehead. Meredith walked up the stairs to see Emma in her pyjama's holding her favorite book. Emma handed Meredith the book with a pleading look "Fine! one chapter only" chuckled Meredith. Emma got into bed and wrapped her blanket around her body.

"Look Tommy, it's a cat" smiled Meredith in a high pitched voice...

Meredith closed the book when she saw Emma fast asleep with her stuffed cat in her arms. Meredith kissed Emma's cheek and put on her night light " Goodnight baby girl" Meredith closed the door and walked down the stairs again. Derek threw up right when Meredith was downstairs "Oh baby" sighed Meredith holding his hair back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You want to call in sick today?" asked Meredith when she heard Derek stirr next to her. " Ahh no, i think i'm okay" smiled Derek facing Meredith "Ah please brush your teeth before you kiss me" squinted Meredith. Derek chuckeled and walked to the bathroom, when he finished brushing his teeth he walked back to kiss Meredith on the lips passionate. "Ssh stop Derek" chuckled Meredith when Derek moved his hands lower "We-we are going to be late" moaned Meredith. "I'll be quick" muttered Derek in Meredith's ear.

Lexie walked to Meredith and Derek's room questioning why they aren't up yet, Lexie opened the door without knocking "It's time to get to wo- AAH" shouted Lexie closing the door again running back downstairs. "I think i just traumatised my sister" chuckeled Meredith while Derek rolled of of Meredith. "But it's true, we have to get to work now" chuckeled Meredith. Meredith and Derek both showered and Meredith woke up Emma from her nap.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lexie and Meredith finished a long surgery together and were both craving for sleep, they walked to an on-call room "Finally sleep" sighed Meredith when she opened the door "AGAIN" shouted Lexie when she saw Owen and Amelia kissing on a bed. Owen and Amelia both looked up shocked "Fuck" muttered Owen. "You didn't lock the door?" sighed Amelia annoyed. Lexie closed the door again mad "Why do i keep walking in on people having sex " sighed Lexie mad making Meredith laugh. "it's good that Owen's moving on, i mean he deserves his hapiness" sighed Meredith. "Derek hey"smiled Meredith when she saw Derek walking up to them "Lexie walked in on Owen and Amelia having sex" chuckeled Meredith, "I did not want to know that" muttered Derek mad. Meredith wrapped her arms around Derek and smiled "Let your sister be happy Derek" smiled Meredith kissing him.