Chapter 17

" Male, 36 years old, fell of the roof of his house" shouted Hunt. Meredith grabbed the chart and ran the bed to an trauma room. "Sir i need you to calm down, breathe in and out, i'm going to page Doctor Torres the best orto surgeont you can get" smiled Meredith. The man's breathing eased a little when Meredith tried to examine him. " We need a full body scan and an MRI and a CT stat" shouted Callie. A few nurses and Callie pushed the man out of the room. Meredith just stood there " Grey you coming?" she shouted. "Uh no i'm going to sit this one out" she sighed. Callie looked at her strange but kept moving. Meredith sat down on a chair behind the nurses station tired.

" Meredith, you have been working for 6 hours, that's a big step! are you sure you don't want to go home" asked Owen whom kneeled down next to Meredith. Meredith looked at Owen and nodded " I think i want to go home" she finally managed to say. " You're coming to Cristina's funeral tomorrow right?" asked Meredith whom was suddenly really interested in her hands. " The whole hospital will be there" smiled Owen weak. " Can Derek come home with me?" asked Meredith blushing. "Go to Webber,ask him " smilrd Owen. Meredith stood up and made her way to Chief Webber's office. " Meredith hello, i was just about to page you for a little chat" he said. Meredith smiled sitting down on the chair opposite of Webber's desk. " Is it okay if i take Derek home with me?" she asked. " Sure how ever we can make you comfertable, take tomorrow of to, so does Little Grey, you need your family" smiled Richard reassuring. Meredith left his office to continue her search for Derek. She found him on the surgical floor and walked up to him. " Can you come home with me, i got an okay from the chief" whispered Meredith. " Sure, i'll go change and we'll meet at the front entrance" smiled Derek. Derek walked to the attending lounge and Meredith to the residents lounge.

Derek was waiting at the entrance, when he saw Meredith get out of the elevator, he put his hand in the air for Meredith to see. Meredith walked up to him wrapping her arms around his waist, Derek kissed her nose and they walked out.

" Do you want me to order pizza, and watch a movie snuggled up on the couch together?" asked Derek. " Yes i would love that" smiled Meredith whom grabbed a blanket from the closet and layed under it. " Can you get me a the one with peperoni?" smiled Meredith. " Yes! ofcourse baby" chuckeled Derek kissing Meredith's cheek. After about 15 minutes, the man with two box'es of pizza stood at the door. " That'll be $18.76" sighed the delivery guy annoyed. Derek handed him a bill of $20,00 "keep the change" smiled Derek closing the door. "What an ass" sighed Derek. " Why did you give him the change" chuckeled Meredith slapping his arm playfully. " I'm a descent human being" chuckeled Derek putting his hand on her shoulder.

Derek handed Meredith her peperoni pizza and opened his own box to grab a slice. He started the movie; Trust_ and cuddled up to Meredith. They both finished their pizza's and threw the boxxes out, when the movie ended they were both fast asleep into each others arms.