Chapter 18

" Meredith, you have to get dressed now" whispered Derek into Meredith's ear. "I'm scared Derek" sighed Meredith. "I know baby.." sighed Derek wrapping his arms around Meredith's body. Derek let go of Meredith and handed her the black dress. " Can you dress Emma..?" asked Meredith soft. " Ofcourse" "Her black dress hangs in her closet and her hair has to be in a pony tail" whispered Meredith softly. Derek left the room going up to Emma's room, Meredith slowly let the black dress slide onto her body, she put both feet in her black heels and she placed her hair on her shoulders.

She walked downstairs seeing Emma in her black dress, Derek in his suit and Lexie in her dress. Meredith grabbed Derek's hand and they all went to the car.

The funeral started and everyone sat down, The whole hospital staff was there, Cristina's mother, and even Preston Burke and his mother were there. " We are gathered here today to grief over the loss of Cristina Yang, we are going to listen to Meredith Grey, her best friend.." Meredith striked her dress clean and walked up.

"Cristina was my friend, well, more then my friend, she was my best friend and my person, She was my other halve, my soulmate.. i loved her somuch, correction love, she's the one i had by my side trough everything. Cristina would tell me to let her go,to stop holding onto her, but its hard not to... losing the one you love is something you can't live with, something you don't wish to anyone, She will always be my person, my go to person, Cristina Yang i will forever love you" cried Meredith out. Derek walked up to Meredith and hugged her tight, Derek grabbed her hand and led her back to her chair. Everything had tears streaming down their faces in grief. Owen walked up there and started speaking. " Cristina, how can i describe her, driven,smart, she was everything i needed , and still need but, altough I knew Cristina for 7 months but they were the best of my life" sighed Owen wiping away his tears. after Owen, Miranda did her speech and Alex and Izzie followed with George. Everyone went outside after the ceremony to Cristina's grave.

Cristina Yang
Beloved friend Beloved Daughter
5th april 2008

Cristina coffin slowly sank into the hole, Everyone threw flowers on the coffin and around her grave, and then they all threw sand on it until the coffin was compleetly dissappeared. Meredith put all of the flowers on Cristina's grave, next to a picture of them together. Meredith eventually got Cristina's hospital ID out of her bag and clipped it onto their picture. She then stood up grabbing Derek's hand. Lexie,Emma,Meredith,Derek & Cristina's mother stood there staring at her grave, saying their last goodbye's.
" Let's get you home" smiled Meredith to Emma trough her tears. " I love you baby girl you know that right" whispered Meredith into Emma's ear. Emma wrapped her arms around Meredith's neck and hugged her tight " I love you to mommy "