Chapter 14

Derek climbed into Meredith's bed and held her tight, Meredith opened her eyes to the smell of Derek's aftershave. " Hey baby" smiled Derek squeezing her hand. Everything came back to Meredith in an instant. " Cristina" she finally managed to say. a tear rolled down her cheek followed by more, and more.. eventually turning in loud sobs. " I know... sssh" sighed Derek wiping Meredith's tears away. Meredith loud sobs slowly faded away and after 10 minutes completly away. Derek checked on her seeing that she was fast asleep so he got out of Meredith's hospital bed careful not to wake her.

" Helllo, Cristina Yang speaking, leave a message if its important" " Hello, Cristina Yang speaking,leae a message if its important" Meredith listened to Cristina's voice mail, just to hear her voice. Meredith put her phone away when she saw Izzie, George & Alex in the door-post. " Hey Merr." smiled Izzie weak grabbing a chair . George kissed Meredith's fore head and Alex squeezed her hand. They all sat down around Meredith's bed not saying much just being there... being there for each other. " I'm getting discharged today" smiled Meredith starting the conversation. " Oh thats great", " awesome", " good for you" they all said. It went quiet again, nobody knew what to say. " Soooo... Emma's getting five in a week, that's great" smiled Izzie. Meredth smiled " Yes, she's getting big so quickly" Izzie, George & Alex's pagers all went of at the same time. " 911 to the ER, Sorry Meredith" sighed Alex squeezing her hand again, everyone said goodbye to Meredith quickly and left. Right when all of them left, Lexie stood in the door-post. " Busy day huh?" she smiled. " Jup! Derek, Izz, Georgie and Alex all came by" smiled Meredith. " Now it's my turn" chuckeled Lexie. "Dont you have to work?" asked Meredith. " Got today off to take you home" " now" added Lexie smirking. Meredith sighs relieved and layed her head back on her cushion. A nurse walked in with a bundle of papers, " Discharge papers for Meredith Grey" she smiled cheery. The nurse handed the papers to Meredith and walked away. " Are these psych nurses really that cheery, or just faking?" whispered Meredith. Lexie bursted out in laughter, " I really don't know" she managed to say.

They finished the discharge papers and got Meredith dressed, and her bandages refreshed. " Let's get home Mer" smiled Lexie. A nurse walked in with a wheelchair "Please be seated" smiled the nurse. " Oh no! oh no no no no freakin way" sighed Meredith. "Doctor Grey, its hospital policy" smiled the Nurse starting to get annoyed. " Come on Mer, its no big deal" smiled Lexie squeezing her shoulder. Meredith sank down in the wheel chair sighing, " Good girl" chuckeled Lexie. They started to roll her trough the hallway ahead of the elevator. They got into the elevator, Lexie noticing Meredith tensed up. " You'll be okay Mer" sighed Lexie putting her hand on her shoulder. The elevator stopped and Lexie rolled Meredith out of the elevator, " Meredith" nodded Owen when he saw her get out of the elevator. Meredith smiled at him weak, and they passed almost the whole hospital staff. Izzie,George,Alex,April,Jackson and more and more. At the entrance stood Doctor Miranda Bailey. Miranda looked at Meredith with so much sadness. They past her and ended up at Richard, They made eye-contact and Meredith stood up out of her wheelchair. Richard looked at Meredith, Meredith looked at Richard and eventually she just fell in his arms crying.