Chapter 15

1 week later...

" Mommy" squeeled Emma jumping on Meredith's bed. " Emma honey, i told you, you can come to mommy's room when the clock says 7:00 am, it's 6:30 am" yawned Meredith tired, scratching the recovering scars of her breakdown last week. Emma pouted sad and stared at Meredith with puppy eyes. " Fine, can't go to sleep anymore, anyway" chuckled Meredith stretching her arms out so that Emma can lay in her arms. " When can i go unpack my gifts?" asked Emma with eager eyes. " Ah come on let's wake up auntie Lexie and go unpack them". " Ill go downstairs and you can wake up Lexie" smiled Meredith laying her hand on Emma's shoulder.

" AUNTIE AUNTIE" shouted Emma trough the hallways, Meredith walked down the stairs and sank down on the couch, she put her hands infront ot her face, tears rolled down her face. " Mommy okay?" asked Emma. Meredith wiped the tears from her face and smiled " everything is okay" she smiled. A yawning Lexie appeared behind Emma. " Happy 5th birthday" smiled Lexie squeezing Emma's hand. " Auntie Lexie has to help me get your big gift, you stay on the couch and be a good girl okay?" asked Meredith sweet. Emma nodded and sat down on the couch with her stuffed cat next to her. Lexie followed Meredith into the other room. they had a big box standing in the middle, " Okay so i filled this boxs with gifts and i have one other box and a special gift" sighed Meredith leaning against the wall. " Special?" asked Lexie as her curious self. " C-cristina made her something" whispered Meredith softly. Lexie grabbed Meredith and held her tight, after 5 minutes they started to push the two big boxes into the living room. Emma ran to Lexie and Meredith and squeeled at the sight of the boxes.

They opened all of Emma's gift, from getting a stuffed animal to a nice fancy barbie, Emma's smile grew wider by the gift she got, (if that's even possible). Lexie made pancakes for lunch which the ate with enjoyment, and around 3 pm the guests arrived. " MOMMY, Derek is here" squeeled Emma. Meredith smiled and followed Emma to the door. " Hey Derek" smiled Meredith, " Hey merr" smiled Derek kissing Meredith's cheek. " Hello Birthday Girl" smiled Derek handing Emma the gift. " LOOK MOMMY ITS A DOG THAT WALKS" squeeled Emma. Meredith smiled and hugged Derek whispereing " Thanks" in his ear. Slowly everyone came walking in giving Emma her gifts. Meredith walked to the kitchen followed by Jackson. "You got her a cake" he asked. " Jup" smiled Meredith moving the cake out of the box. " GaG Emma?" laughed Jackson. " It says Yay Emma, not Gag" sighed Meredith glancing at Jackson. " Hmm" he groaned. Meredith sticked 5 candles in it and lit them for Emma to blow out and make a wish. Meredith walked in the living room and put it on the table, Derek grabbed Meredith's waist and held her close while everyone statrting singing " happy birthday..Emma"

Everyone ate ther cake and left almost immediatly. Meredith, Lexie,Derek and Emma stayed on the couch. Meredith handed Emma the last gift. " Its from my lady friend "smiled Meredith weak. Emma got the wrappers from the gift and saw a beautifull framed drawing of a heart. Meredith started crying softly putting her face in the crook of Derek's neck. " It's really cool mommy, thank your lady friend for me" smiled Emma.