Chapter 20

" I'm making you dinner" squeeled Meredith when they both sat down at the breakfast table. " since when do you cook?" chuckeled Derek. " Raising a 4 year old, has it teaching perks " smiled Meredith taking a bite of her bread. " Well okay, when i'm on call until 6 pm, surgery ends at 5 pm so ill be home inbetween 5 and 6" smiled Derek scraping his plate clean. "Dinner will be ready, Webber gave me a day off today so i have all the time to finish" smiled Meredith. " I'm off to, i'll help you shop & cook and eventually just order some pizza" squeeled Lexie in ennjoyment. Meredith rolled her eyes and smiled " you are always so cheery, it freaks me out" she said. Lexie slapped Meredith arm playfully and finished her breakfast.

" Have fun at work, go remove some tumors" smiled Meredith kissing Derek's cheek. Derek squeezed her shoulder and kissed her back " Take care, dear" smiled Derek grabbing his briefcase and walking out the door. "Mommy Mommy the sun is shining can we go to the park?" asked Emma pulling onto Meredith's sweatpants. "sure babygirl, mommy has to change first, want me to put you in a dress?" Emma nodded " The pink one" she squeeled jumping up and down. " Sure baby girl" smiled Meredith, everyone changed into their summer-y clothes and went outside. After a long walk they finally arived at the park, " Look momy a slide, can auntie Lexie and i slide down?" squeeled Emma in enjoyment. "Sure baby, just be careful" smiled Meredith brushing her hand trough Emma's blonde hair. Meredith sat down on the park bench watching kids play with each other, or with their mother or father,

" Meredith Grey" squeeled an high pitched voice behind her, Meredith instantly knew to whom that voice belonged, Addison Montgomery.
"Addison" smiled Meredith turning around. Addison wrapped her arms around Meredith and hugged her. " We should be civil with each other just about now" smiled Addison " So how have you been... i heard about Cristina" sighed Addison in disbelief. " getting trough it" smiled Meredith weak. Addison sank down next to Meredith on the park bench. " What are you doing here by the way?" asked Meredith curious. " Richard needed me for a case" she smiled. " How you long have you been back?" asked Addison looking at Meredith. " 3 months" she firmly said. Addison looked at Meredith with concern " You know i'm not her for Derek right?" Meredith shrugged and looked at Emma whom was sliding down the slid for the seventh time. " I am married" she finally said. Meredith looked aside and smiled " congratulations". " What are you doing here so alone?" smiled Addison. " My daughter wanted to play in the park so i asked my sister to play with her" smiled Meredith watching Addison facial expressions turning into one big surprise, " You have a daughter, how nice whats her name? and how old is she" squeeled Addison in enjoyment " Emma, she just turned 5" smiled Meredith proud. " My son is 1" Addison finally managed to say. Meredith looked at Addison with a smile " That's great" they both just sat there on the park bench staring at the smiling children without any worries. Emma ran up to Meredith followed by Lexie whom was out of breath. Lexie looked ar Meredith strange while poiting at Addison with her eyes. " Addison, this is my sister Lexie, Lexie this is Addison" Lexie and Addison both shook hands smiling, " I'm Emma" squeeled Emma jumping up and down while her blonde her jumped up and down with her. " Hello beautifull girl, i'm Addison"smiled Addison brushing her hand trough Emma's hair. " I have to get going Meredith, here's my number call me if you ever need me!" she smiled squeezing Meredith's shoulder. Meredith watched Addison walk away and Lexie sank down next to Meredith. " Wasn't that Derek's cheating ex wife?" asked Lexie curious. " She changed" sighed Meredith lifting Emma up and putting her on her lap. " That was a nice lady" smiled Emma.