Chapter 12

2 months later...

"Are you and Derek okay?" asked Lexie sitting down on her couch. " We're taking it slow" smiled Meredith. "You can have him over anytime, now we life together" smiled Lexie, "I like our house, i'm glad we got this house together just the two of us, no frat house feeling, a nice clean apartment with my sister and my daughter" smiled Meredith. " And i am glad that my house back in Boston is finally sold" "Cheers to that" smiled Lexie pushing her glass of wine in the air.

"Mommy when is Derek coming over?" asked Emma who crawled between Lexie and Meredith on the couch. "I don't know sweety" smiled Meredith. "Mommy can i have Derek on my birthday tomorrow?" asked Emma careful. " If you get back to bed right now, i'll call Derek for you okay?!" suggested Meredith. Emma nodded, grabbed her stuffed cat and walked to the stairs " Goodnight Mommy, auntie" smiled Emma waving her Cat in the air.

" I'm off to bed! goodnight Lex" smiled Meredith " night meredith"
Meredith walked upstairs and crawled into bed falling asleep quickly

" Meredith?" asked Derek curious. " What are you doing here" he smiled. " I-i.. Lexie and i moved our stuff here yesterday" she stuttered. Derek looked up in shock " You did, i really didn't think you would to be honest" sighed Derek. Meredith smiled and looked Derek in the eyes, they just stared into eachothers eyes. " Meredith?" "yes" she smiled responding. " I'm not going to go down on one knee, but.. Meredith Grey, will you marry me" smiled Derek. Meredith's cheeks flushed red immediatly " Derek i-i" stuttered Meredith. " This is the part were you say yes" sighed Derek nervous. " Derek i'm not ready i've been here 3 days, we have to start clean, if we marry now, we'll end up divorcing in 3 months, and i dont want that for us and for Emma, i want to take it slow, i want to take us slow.. so i am declining, i am saying No, but-but this doesn't mean i don't want you, i despretly want you but i want to take it slow der" sighed Meredith with guilt, she then walked away..

Meredith shot up tired, Meredith grabbed her phone and called Cristina.
"I had the dream again " sighed Meredith.. " Meredith, you said no to his proposal and now you are reliving that moment in your dreams" sighed Cristina tired. " Yeah but now he doesnt even want to sleep with me anymore" sighed Meredith. " Meredith come 'on go find a hobby, the two of you are starting fresh and you'll be okay" responded Cristina. " I'll start knitting" chuckeled Meredith. Cristina sighed deep " I'm going back to sleep Mer, its 3 am, see you at work tomorrow" responded Cristina. "Bye Cristina" sighed Meredith hanging up the phone.

" Hello Alice, how are you feeling today?" asked Meredith smiling. " Ready and set to get my anneurism clipped" smiled Alice. " Do you have any questions?" " What are the risks?" asked Alice. " You could stroke out, wake up blind or with no memory at all" responded Meredith. " Oww alright" sighed Alice nervous. " Doctor Shepherd is the best you can get!" smiled Meredith reassuring.

after 6 hours was the surgery succesfully succeeded, " Meredith want to get a drink?" asked Derek "Yeah i have to go get my jacket from the residence lounge" smiled Meredith, opening the door and grabbing her coat. " Let's get going then" chuckeled Meredith.