Chapter 21

" Emmaa, go wash your hands it's time for dinner" shouted Meredith from down the stairs. Emma's tiny footsteps were heard on the stairs again. " Is Derek here soon?" squeeled Emma while climbing onto her ' wash your hands chair' which Meredith made up. " He texted that he got into his car 15 minutes ago so he'll be he-" Meredith got interupted by the sound of a key in the locks. "Here now" she chuckled finishing her sentence. " Hey sweetheart" smiled Derek putting his bag on the ground and kissing Meredith. " how was your day" he smiled. " We'll talk when you sit down at the table" smiled Meredith putting her hands on his back pushing him to the chair. Derek sat down on the chair watching Lexie putting the bowl of lasagne on the table. " i smell smoke" sighed Derek scringing his nose. Lexie burst out in laughter and Meredith's cheek flushed. " Meredith burned the first portion of lasagne" chuckled Lexie wiping away tears of laughter. Meredith slapped Lexie playfully and stiffled a laugh.

" Had any cool surgeries today?" asked Meredith , " Did a craneotomy " smiled Derek swallowing his food " and a tumor resection" he added. " Cool" smiled Meredith swallowing her last bite of lasagne. "What did you do today?" he asked curious. " We went to the park, Emma and Lexie played almost the whole day" chuckeled Meredith glancing over to Lexie. "What did you do?" asked Derek. " Had a good conversation with some one" smiled Meredith nervous. " Oh really who?" asked Derek curious. " I-i-i.. uh.. Addison" sighed Meredith. Derek spit out his lasagne " Montgomery?" he sighed. Meredith nodded " She is married, and has a 1 year old son" stated Meredith . Derek looked geniunly surprised "Good for her" he stated. " We're working on a case together tomorrow" she finally managed to add. " You okay with that?" he asked curious. " I - i actually am" she sighed happy. " She was so nice" smiled Meredith. Derek smiled and squeezed Meredith's hand.

Meredith woke up by the sound of her alarm, she groaned tired and crawled out of bed. Meredith kissed Derek's nose, his cheek, and his forehead as an sweet attempt to wake him up. Derek opened his eyes smiling " i love waking up like this" muttered Derek. Meredith kissed his cheek one last time and rolled out of bed walking up to the shower. " WAIT!" shouted Derek, Meredith looked at Derek weird. " I could use a shower to" he smirked with enjoyment when he saw Meredith's facial expression. Meredith smirked and turned around to walk in the shower, she undressed and popped her head around the corner "what are you waiting for" she chuckled. Derek jumped out of bed immediatly running up to the shower.

After 30 minutes of steamy shower sex, they finally felt the urge to change into their clothes. They walked downstairs, " What took you both so long, i had to change Emma into her clothes" sighed Lexie annoyed. " We - uh -we were taking a shower" muttered Meredith uncomfertable. Lexie glanced at Meredith and sighed " Sex craved, hormonal teenagers" sighed Lexie under her breathe. They all got into the car to drive up to Seattle Grace,

" Grey and Little Grey good to have you both back" smiled Owen Hunt. " Likewise" smiled Meredith. " Chief Webber wanted you in his office Meredith" he added. Meredith walked straight up to Webber's office passing Patricia. " Ah Meredith come in" smiled Webber. Meredith sat down across of Webber "What can i do for you?" she asked. " How are you?" he asked geniunly concerned. "I'm okay, it's not like missing Cristina goes away in 2 seconds" sighed Meredith. " You know that you've said 'i'm okay' so many times that it doesn't even sound true anymore" smiled Richard weak. Meredith shrugged it off, and her pager went. " Sorry Addison is paging me, i have to get going" sighed Meredith. " You are on first name base with Doctor Montgomery?" asked Richard curious. "Yes we talked" smilied Meredith when she opened the door. " Bye Meredith" he smiled.

" Doctor Grey, Hello!" smiled Addison when she saw Meredith walking up to her. " Doctor Montgomery" smiled Meredith geniune. " Casey Lowstead, 18 year old female, 23 weeks along, her baby has a tumor on the liver" sighed Addison filling Meredith in on the case. " We will operate on your baby to remove the tumor of your liver, there are some risk considering the baby, you might go into pre-mature labor and we have to deliver the baby" sighed Addison. "but it's 23 weeks, it's to early" cried Casey. "It is early, but we have delivered countless of babies whom were born on 23 weeks and survived" smiled Meredith re-assuring. Addison glanced at Meredith statisfied, Addison and Meredith got out of the room "So, Meredith have you ever considered OB/GYN?" smiled Addison. " I have but my heart lays inbetween general and neuro" smiled Meredith. "that's great, altough you were great in there" smiled Addison squeezing her shoulder,grabbing Casey's chart and walking away. " You're being really friendly with Addison" smiled Derek appearing behind her. "She's geniunly nice" smiled Meredith.