Not Okay~ Kate

raise your hand if you cried yourself to sleep on valentine's day... 🙋‍♀️

-

Groaning in frustration, you kicked your shoes off before making your way upstairs to find your girlfriend. Work had stressed you out more than you ever thought was possible and you really just needed a hug from your favourite archer.

"Katie?" you sniffled, searching for her in all the rooms. Eventually, you realised she must be out with Clint. Sobs wracked your body as you turned the shower on, your mind foggier than the room filled with steam.

Without thinking, you stood under the water, placing your hands on the wall to support yourself. Your legs became weak, so you opted to sit on the floor as tears streamed down your face.

You didn't know how long you sat there for until the hot water ran out and the cold water started battering against your skin. Your body felt so numb and you felt so overwhelmed with everything that you didn't hear the door open and shut when Kate returned home.

"Baby?" she called out to you, her voice seemed a million miles away. "Honey, where are you?" she opened the door to the bathroom, instantly running to turn off the shower. She picked you up and quickly stripped you of your dripping clothing.

She wrapped you in fluffy towels before putting some clothes in the dryer - to heat them up - for you. "What happened, my love?" she cradled your face with her hand as you leaned into her touch. Noticing the distant look in your eyes, she helped you get dressed before laying you in bed under all the blankets.

Kate held you in her arms for hours, waiting patiently until you were ready to talk. You buried your face in her chest as you shivered due to being under the cold water for so long.

Lacing her fingers with your own, you stared at her scuffed nails, "can I paint them?" She grinned, "of course you can." You sat up, crossing your legs as you grabbed some nail polish from her bedside table, sitting across from her.

You held up her hand, concentrating intently on not smudging the black polish anywhere. "Thank you, sweetheart, it's beautiful," she blew air across her nails, attempting to dry them.

"You're more beautiful," you smiled and she leaned over to kiss you softly. "You're the most beautiful person in the world," your face flushed slightly at her words. She pulled you onto her lap, draping a blanket over you to ensure you were warm and cosy.

Kate knew better than push you for details about your day, so instead she decided to let you just relax for now. She smiled when she noticed that you fell asleep in her arms, honoured that you felt safe enough to do so.

She admired the subtle rise and fall of your chest, and your slightly parted lips before laying you both down, suppressing her joyous outburst at how you subconsciously curled up into her side. She loved you, and she always would.

-

sorry it's so short i tried to write and publish this yesterday but i just couldn't lmfao

what's your worst nightmare?

your least favourite trait in a person?

how many people do you trust with your life?

your least favourite marvel hc?

your favourite cliché trope?

how did you spend your valentine's day?

if you could change one thing in the mcu, what would it be?

would you live on mars if you were given the opportunity?

what's your favourite thing that you own?

who's someone you feel safe around?