Comfort~ Natasha

nat and reader can either be seen as dating or not for these scenarios, i wrote them when i was not feeling great so i don't want to proof read them :)

also how tf do people title their chapters? just named this one bc tasha is my definition of comfort <3

-----

You were woken up by a bird singing -- no, screaming. Sighing, you pulled your blanket over your shoulders and walked out of your room to the floor you shared with Natasha. Confused as to why Sam would be yelling on your floor specifically, you knocked on your friend across the hall's door to ask her if she knew what was going on.

As the door flung open, you were met with the sight of Bucky and Sam arguing over something stupid although Natasha was nowhere to be seen. Pushing past them, you walked into her bathroom only to see your best friend sitting on the floor with a mischievous grin.

"I'm assuming you're the reason they woke me up," you scowled, jokingly. "I just wanted to have some fun," she laughed. "At 7 in the morning?" you sat next to her, shuffling close to her side. "It's always a good time to cause some drama in the compound," the redhead grinned.

"Not in the morning," you huffed, your eyes closing due to the warmth radiating from the girl next to you. She noticed your body relaxing and your breathing evening out, realising you had fallen asleep, chuckling quietly to herself. "Sleep well, angel," she smiled down at you, wrapping her arms around you before gently picking you up and carrying you to her bed, silently making the boys leave her room with a brief hard glare.

As she lay down next to you, she adjusted your blanket and tucked you in, giggling quietly as she thought you looked like a burrito. She couldn't help but take a picture of you before climbing in next to you and falling asleep next to you.

-----

The kitchen was one of the most used rooms in the compound and there was usually always someone in it. Whether it was the morning and people were having coffee together or if it was night and someone had woken up due to nightmares and sought comfort in the familiar room.

Everyone kept things hidden in little nooks and crannies, and had specific spaces for their personal things like mugs and for some reason, spoons. Tony had given every avenger a spoon with their logo engraved in the handle one year for christmas as a joke but everyone ended up becoming very protective of them.

As you were the shortest member of the team, the others liked to tease you about it, often putting things in unreachable places or pretending not to see you because of your lack of height. It was funny, most of the time.

Today, you were exhausted after not being able to sleep and just wanted to make some hot chocolate. Unfortunately, Carol had decided to put your favourite mug on the top shelf of the cabinet.

After trying to magically extend your arm, praying that maybe you secretly had the ability to stretch your limbs, you sighed in defeat. You were about to climb up onto the counter when a warm body pressed against yours from behind.

A pair of arms wrapped around you before reaching above you to retrieve your cup. You spun around, still leaning against the counter, trapped between it and none other than Natasha Romanoff.

"Hey, shorty," she smirked. "Thank you," you muttered, slightly annoyed at her nickname for you. "No problem, detka," she kissed your cheek before walking away, swaying her hips slightly, leaving you a flustered mess.

-----

As you lay in bed, you groaned in pain as your body felt like it was trying to self destruct. Instantly, a knock at your door was heard and you pathetically called for them to come in.

"Malyshka, what's wrong?" Natasha was quick to sit on your bed next to you, placing the back of her hand on her forehead. "The demons from hell are trying to take me back," you cried.

She frowned, "what?" Clutching the hem of her hoodie, you tugged on it slightly, "my insides are falling out." Giggling, she pulled off her jumper, helping you put it on, "you're on your period?" You frowned, "don't laugh at my pain."

Smiling, she held your hand as you squeezed it tightly, "I'm sorry, detka, you're just so cute when you're angry." Hiding under your blanket, you muttered, "not cute." She booped your nose under your covers, "the cutest."

As you were about to grab her hand and try to break it, her face softened, "is there anything I can get you? Maybe a hot water bottle? Or some chocolate?" Tears sprung to your eyes, "you're the bestest friend I could ever ask for."

Using her sleeves to wipe your tears, she handed you a tissue, "don't cry, honey. Good thing your superpower isn't English, because bestest is not a word." Your bottom lip began to tremble, "yes it is."

Swiftly, she pulled you into her arms, "oh, it is, yes, it is, don't cry, sweetheart." Nodding, you looked up at her, "I know it is." She smiled at your dishevelled hair and slightly red eyes, "you look exhausted, you should get some sleep."

Snuggling close to her, you huffed when she stood up, "don't go." She sighed, "I'll be right back, I promise." You held out your hand, reaching for her but it was too late and she was already out the door.

Tears were falling down your face uncontrollably as a sob ripped through your throat, you weren't really sure why though. As Natasha walked back in the room, she gently pulled you into her arms, placing the hot water bottle she made for you on your lower stomach.

"Here, take these," she handed you some ibuprofen and a bottle of water, patiently waiting for you to take some medicine and lie back down on her chest. "I love you," you mumbled sleepily. "I love you too, detka," she kissed the top of your head as you sniffled quietly.

Natasha grinned at your peaceful state, hoping this wouldn't be the last time she would get to hold you in her arms.

-----

a/n: do you ever just feel so sad you're like idk nauseous??

i have absolutely no energy to write questions idek what i'm saying anymore. hope you're all doing well <3

favourite candle scent?

non mcu comfort character?

do you want any piercings that you don't already have?

your favourite non mcu film with a marvel actor in it?

favourite show that is a spinoff of another?

confess how you feel to somebody, but don't tag them or anything, just say how you feel, negative or positive.

the most bizarre skill you have?

if you could live on another planet with only five people, who would they be?