Apart, Together~ Natasha

a/n: this was a very old request that went completely off the rails idek what happened to this it's so random i just wanted to write some fluff

You held onto Natasha tightly, never wanting to let go of your girlfriend. She was going away on a mission for 18 months, and wasn't allowed any contact with the team. She tried to argue with Fury because she didn't want to leave but he insisted she was the only one skilled enough to complete this mission.

Steve pulled you away from the redhead as you cried and tried to escape his grasp. "Don't worry, moya lyubov, I'll be back soon," Natasha sniffled. "18 months isn't soon," you frowned. "Lena will take care of you," she kissed your forehead.

"It's not the same," your voice cracked halfway through your sentence. "I know, I'm sorry," she wiped your tears away. "Don't apologise, it's not your fault," you shook your head. "Let our last memory for a while, be a happy one," she smiled.

"I love you," you sniffled. "I love you too, detka," she kissed you softly. Yelena pretended to throw up behind you both, making you laugh. "Please don't die," you looked up into Natasha's eyes. "I'm the black widow, I can handle a little mission?" the redhead chuckled. "Shut up, just stay safe," you punched her arm lightly.

"Goodbye for now, lyubov," the ginger smiled. "Goodbye for now," you returned the gesture. Yelena held your hand, waving to her sister before the redhead left on a quinjet.

The blonde dragged you to the kitchen, "are you okay?" You sighed, wiping your tears away, "I think so." She grinned, "good, because Kate is coming over and she's going to help us make macaroni and cookies." Smiling, you realised just how grateful you were for your best friends who would be there for you when Natasha couldn't be.

"Hot sauce?" Yelena asked you. "Yes, please," you took the bowl of pasta from her, thanking her. "Lucky, sit," Kate tried to get her dog to calm down, but he was always overexcited whenever he visited the compound.

"Lena," you tapped her shoulder. "Everything okay?" she raised an eyebrow at you. "Yeah, I was just wondering if you would help me with something," you fiddled with your fingers. "Of course," she gently took your hands in hers.

"I want to learn russian for Natasha," you explained. "Oh my god, you are going to be fluent by the time she comes back," she bounced on her heels, excited to teach you Natasha's native language.

As the months went by, time passed agonisingly slowly without the love of your life by your side, however you persevered because she made you promise to keep holding on for her.

The day she came back was the happiest you had been in so long. She came back in the middle of the night, sneaking into bed next to you to avoid disturbing you. Wrapping her strong arms around you, she instantly felt safe now that she had you close to her.

When you woke up, you frowned at the warmth next to you. Brushing it off as a dream, you went back to sleep, going over your russian lesson of the day.

"Detka," someone gently shook your shoulder, "detka, wake up." Your eyes instantly shot open, "Tasha?" She kissed you gently, "I'm home, malyshka." You inhaled her scent, staying close to her, "ya skuchal po tebe (i missed you)."

She froze, "since when could you speak russian." You tensed up, thinking she wasn't happy, "I just wanted to do something for you while you were gone." Slowly, a grin spread across her features as she peppered kisses all over your face.

As the days went by, Natasha helped you with your russian, though Yelena did feign some mock offence when she heard about your new teacher. Things eventually were getting back to normal until the entire world went into lockdown.

After so long without your girlfriend, now you were stuck with her for an indefinite period of time, not that you were complaining.

During the first couple of weeks, Natasha tried her hardest to keep up with her work. It proved to be quite difficult, mainly because of you. She couldn't say no to you, in any situation, you had her wrapped around your finger.

"Baby," you walked into her office, sitting on her lap when she didn't acknowledge you. "Everything okay?" she kissed your forehead gently. "I'm bored," you huffed, placing your head in the crook of her neck. "I'll be done soon, I promise," she assured you before going back to typing on her computer.

Natasha's desire to work soon dissipated and she gradually got into multiple hobbies. She was a very easily amused person, meaning she was constantly switching between interests. Her longest one was when she went through a phase of a building cottagecore village in minecraft, showing you her progress every time before she logged off.

You were in the room next door, letting her give you a tour of the world she had created. After many hours of her talking through the phone to you, you logged off and hung up, tiredly walking through to the room she was in.

"Why did you leave, I was just about to show you the cow pen," she frowned. You didn't say anything, flopping down on top of her, causing her to let out a small grunt when your body crashed into hers. "Are you alright?" she wrapped her arms around your frame, one of her hands coming up to gently stroke at your hair.

Just as she was about to ask you what was going on again, she noticed your breathing even out and light snores falling from your lips. Smiling at your peaceful expression as you slept, she pulled a blanket over you, allowing you to rest with your head on her chest and your legs entangled with hers.

Eventually, restrictions began to ease and Natasha decided to take you on a picnic date in the park. Although, instead of just asking you, she stuck a post-it note on your forehead before sneaking out of bed and driving to your favourite cafe.

When you woke up, you groaned at the absence of warmth next to you before opening your eyes, noticing the pink paper obstructing your vision.

Good morning, baby. I'm sorry I wasn't in bed when you woke up. When you're reading this, I'll be at the park round the corner waiting with the croissants that you love and some coffee for my favourite girl. I hope you slept well, angel, and I'll see you soon.

Grinning, you quickly put on some jeans and a hoodie, running down the street to meet your girlfriend who you found sitting under your favourite tree on a red and white blanket.

"You made it," Natasha smirked, standing up to kiss you softly. "I did, I hope I didn't take too long," you held her hand as she guided you to sit down with her. You rested your head on her shoulder as she fed you strawberries among other things she got for you.

"I love you, you know that right?" she stared down at you leaning on her lap. "Я тоже тебя люблю, Tasha," you smiled. "Who knew that after 18 months apart we'd get another 18 months attached at the hip," she giggled. "I couldn't be happier," you held her hand tightly. "Neither could I," she squeezed your hand, leaning down to kiss your forehead.

a/n: currently watching descendants 2 and trying my hardest not to fall asleep because the soundtrack is impeccable

would you rather be a horse sized duck or a duck sized horse?

your favourite classic disney film?

do you ship yelena and kate?

what is the most beautiful animal in your opinion?

dancing or singing?

what was the craziest thing you have done since the start of the pandemic?

your stupidest injury?

have you ever been on a boat?

the best decision you've ever made?

how are you? like really?