Pockets~ Yelena

not proof read so point out any mistakes :)

tw: homophobia

Natasha had recruited Yelena to become an avenger, although most of the team had a tough time warming up to her. Her stare was often cold and hard, and though it wasn't intentional, it was still terrifying to everyone.

Y/n had been the first to try and talk to her. It was a cold day and the heating was broken in every room of the tower, thanks to one of Tony's stupid experiments. She knocked on Yelena's door, deciding to finally try and befriend the russian spy.

A quiet 'come in' was heard from inside so she gently pushed open the door and saw her sitting on her bed in a sports bra and shorts. "It's freezing, how are you not dying right now?" she asked her.

"I'm Russian, I don't get cold," she deadpanned. Y/n felt a little intimidated and shivered, which could've easily been mistaken as her just being cold but Yelena was a spy and she knew she had scared her.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to come across as cold, I've never been good at socialising," she apologised. "It's okay, you don't have to apologise. If I'm being honest, I'm the same way too," y/n stared down at her socks.

Yelena patted the spot next to her, gesturing for her to come and sit next to her which she did without hesitation. The blonde wrapped her arms around y/n's small, shaking figure and hugged her tightly.

She listened to Yelena's steady heartbeat and was distracted from the temperature of the tower for a while. The russian gently stroked her hair, lulling her to sleep by accident, although she wasn't complaining.

She looked down at the young girl in her arms, smiling at her peaceful expression as she lay her head on her lap. Everything about her was perfect to Yelena, from the way small strands of hair framed her beautiful face, to the way her pink lips were slightly parted as she slept.

Natasha came into the room without knocking, causing Yelena to scold her, "shh, you'll wake y/n." The ginger smirked, "looks like somebody's in looove." The blonde scowled, "shut up, сука."

"Hey, I was simply saying it how it is," Natasha threw her hands up in defence. Yelena rolled her eyes as y/n began to stir awake. "What time is it," she mumbled, throwing her arm over her face to stop the light coming from outside from blinding her.

"It's 3 o'clock," Yelena smiled at her. "I need to do paperwork for Steve," y/n groaned. "Bring your computer in here and work with me if you want," the spy suggested. "Okay, I'll be a minute," she stood up as Yelena put a blanket over her shoulders so she wouldn't get cold.

As soon as she was out the door Natasha smirked at her sister, "oh my god, you totally like her." Yelena rolled her eyes, "yeah, you've said." The ginger chuckled, "I was just joking the first time."

Y/n walked back into the room with her laptop and some snacks, throwing them on the bed before sitting next to Yelena. The latter wrapped her arm around her waist, pulling her closer to her side to help her keep warm.

"What does Steve need you to do?" she asked her. "Just write some mission reports and look over some agents paperwork," she absentmindedly replied whilst navigating the files she needed.

Yelena placed her hand over y/n's, making her tense up for a second before relaxing and leaning into the blonde slightly. They sat in a comfortable silence for a while, the only sounds in the room were the quiet tapping noises from y/n's keyboard and Yelena writing about her recent mission with Bucky.

This became a daily thing for the pair, they spent all day together, which confused the other avengers. Y/n was so sweet and Yelena was very closed off.