Back Home Where It's Safe~ Natasha

Your life wasn't easy, especially not before you met Natasha. However, just being around her allowed you to feel relaxed and safe. With Natasha, you were at home.

Your adoration for the older woman was greatly appreciated, or so you thought.

Waking up next to her was often the highlight of your day, so when you turned around and saw nothing but an empty space, tears sprung to your eyes. Sighing, you dragged yourself out of bed to get ready for your day.

When you walked downstairs, Natasha was on a business call. She gave you an apologetic look before kissing your cheek and returning to her work. After about an hour, she sat down next to you instead of pacing around, allowing you to rest your head on her lap and fall asleep.

She loved you, with all her heart. With your girlfriend being an avenger meant your relationship was often criticised by people who's opinion's neither of you cared for. Natasha constantly reassured you when you told her about your insecurities and made sure you knew she would always love you.

You didn't know how long you slept for, but when you awoke, Natasha was on the phone to who you could only assume was Wanda from the sokovian accent. Trying to get back to sleep was impossible, so you instead opted to just look up at your girlfriend's perfect complexion in awe.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," she kissed your nose. You smiled up at her, mornings were your least favourite time of day and Natasha knew getting a word out of you before you had fully woken up was probably impossible.

Standing up, you walked into the kitchen to get something to drink. Just as you were about to walk back in, you heard Natasha talking about you, "I know, she's so clingy, I can't remember the last time I had a minute to myself."

You almost dropped the glass in your hand, walking upstairs and crawling back into bed, hiding from the world. What you didn't hear was what Natasha had said next, "it's so adorable, I wouldn't change it for the world. There's no better feeling than always having someone around to hold that actually wants to be around you. After feeling so unwanted my whole life, I finally feel at home with her."

Wanda told the redhead about how she was very jealous, and that she hoped to have a girlfriend like you someday. Natasha was laughing when she told her, "don't let her hear you say that, she'll be begging for me to let you be a part of our relationship, and it's impossible to say no to her cute little face."

Frowning at your lack of presence, she said goodbye to the witch before looking for you. She checked the kitchen and the downstairs bathroom before going up to your shared bedroom, her heart breaking at the sight.

Hearing your muffled cries made her want to hold you tightly in her arms but she knew better than to touch you without asking. "Detka?" she crouched next to the bed, hoping you would come out from under the blankets and tell her what was wrong.

"Why are you crying, printsessa?" she tried to communicate with you, but you weren't listening. You were relaying the words you heard her say over and over in your head, blocking out the rest of the world.

Then it clicked. She knew you had heard part of what she had said to Wanda, "malyshka, did you hear what I said on the phone?" She gently pulled the blankets off of you slightly, seeing your unfocused eyes made her realise you couldn't hear her.

Slowly, she reached out to you, "I'm going to put my arm on your arm now, detka, it's okay." Her touch grounded you, and you looked over at her, tears threatening to spill.

"Did you hear what I said to Wanda?" she asked you. You nodded, upset with yourself for being such a bad girlfriend. You told yourself you should've noticed she wanted some time alone. "Did you hear what I said afterwards?" she stroked her thumb over your arm.

Repeating your previous gesture, you wanted to hear what she had to say. "I told her that I love that you love me so much. That after everything, I finally know that someone cares about me. I will always love you for you, I promise, detka," she lay her head next to yours, making you giggle.

"There's my pretty girl's smile," she grinned. Lifting you out of bed, she held you like you were going to disappear if she let go. You wrapped your legs around her waist, clinging to her like a koala. "I love holding you in my arms," she told you. "I love being in your arms," you fiddled with her hair.

Natasha's life wasn't easy, especially not before she met you. However, just being around you allowed her to feel relaxed and safe. With you, Natasha was at home.

-

i feel like ✨ shiiiit ✨ <33

where's your safe place?

are you religious?

what show has the best theme song?

what colour of eyes would you like to have?

tell me a funny story to distract me from life

opinions on sparkling water?

your least favourite song?

favourite pancake topping?

what's the scariest thing you've ever witnessed?

do you wear socks in bed?