Chapter 22

~Y/n's POV~

    It was at the break of dusk when I awoke. The gentle light of the moon seeping through the frilly curtains basked me in a warm hug. It reminded me of a certain someone.

     I rubbed my eyes and laid silently in my bed, staring at the popcorn ceiling in deep thought and worry. But they weren't anything new. Just recollecting the questions I drowned myself yesterday.

I glanced at the silver alarm clock on my nightstand, reading the time 8:32 p.m

Wow, how long was I asleep for?

    I don't recall how late in the day I went to bed, but my body seems to know all to well as it is sore and sluggish. Yearning to stay in bed longer.

That sounds perfectly fine to me.

"Hiya, Y/n!"

   I inhaled sharply and shot my eyes toward the figure that appeared beside me, startled at his sudden entrance.

"O-oh, hi," I replied.

    Pennywise looked...happier, I guess? The grin on his face was the same but it didn't feel predatory as it usually does. More calm and soft, which isn't a normal thing for him, at least of what I seen in the past month I knew him. Has it been a month? 

I can't think...my head is pounding. Everything hurts.

The large figure stood in a stillness, watching, staring; soaking up the sight of my face with hungry eyes, "Cute cute...so cute, I just wanna squeeze ya' half to death!"

A ring of laughter pierced my ears.

"Please don't," I exhaled softly, noticing his faltered smile I added, "just softly."

   His lips puckered into a smile, the lines on his face sharpening against the white paint adorning his skin. His eyes brushed lightly down my face, pausing at my lips, and down my body. As he got closer my heart pumped faster.

   Maybe it was the look on his face, or how he was looming over me like I was fresh meat. Even with the calm color in his eyes didn't sit right with me, anyone can mask how they're feeling. 

  The nervousness chilling through my bones stemmed from what occurred late last night. How is he going to be with me now? When I rejected his motive.

   His gentle lips kissed my forehead, the faint smell of wet grass emitted from the ruffles on his suit and itched my nose. Strange. 

I felt his lips pull into a smile, "I smell ya', your sweet little heart of yours. Getting shy? Hmm?"

His comment only made it run faster, I reached up and felt his face. The weight of his head fell on my hand, yearning for my touch. I said, "I...I'm not getting shy, I think I'm just sick."

"Sick?" he grinned, "ya' stay in bed, my little doll. Pennywise hates seeing you frown."

I gazed at him when he pulled back, his hand resting on my cheek, "Would you still be here? With me? I don't feel safe being alone...every time you leave something happens to me."

Amusement filled and danced in his blue eyes, "I'm always here, gumdrop, even when ya' little eyes can't see me."

   There was slight relief as I sighed, and shut my eyes to cool them. My whole body felt hot, burning, and yet if the blanket was removed I'd want it back. My ankle and sides hurt, my face hurts...everything hurts. I'm so tired.

I felt a finger sweep across my temple, and lips peck my nose. It was gentle and comforting; wiping away any concerned thoughts I had of him.

      I don't have anything except him, nothing to my name except my birth certificate and my neglected debt. I'm bound to face death soon, no matter who brings it. And if it's by someone that I love, then so be it. I need to stop worrying.