Chapter 1

~Y/n's POV~

   Once again, like a venomous cycle, shouting rattled the house's white interior. Projecting a loud echo in our ears.

        I wasn't afraid, for this wasn't anything new as it was a normal occurrence around here, but Charlie...my little brother, is nothing but sensitive to this, the noise. The anger. But what child isn't?  

    The poor soul cried in my chest, oblivious at what's happening, and scared at the sound of shattering plates. I stroked his (H/C) hair and silently shushed the incoherent noises he made.

   If only we can have a day where anger and fear doesn't motivates us: Dad fights with mom, then mom gets pissed and hurts him.

         But my father never fights back, he's big and muscly and says that hitting her wouldn't be morally right. In his book at least. At the age fifty-six, he holds himself up pretty well. Confusing young teenagers as a thirty-year-old, and charming anyone he smiles at. 

    I find it shocking that my mother out of all the women that laid before him, was chosen as his wife and mother of his children. 

Charlie looked up at me, his cheeks wet and red, "S-safe?"

"With me, you ar-"

"THAT'S IT!" mom shouted in a high-pitched voice. "YOU AND THE CHILDREN GET OUT!"

"Okay, no one needed a whore like you," the voice of my father retaliated, his tone shaky and deep.

I could feel Charlie start to hyperventilate as I hummed softly in his ears, he asked. "We. Go?"

          My father entered right before I could say anything, tears running down the stubble of his cheeks and a defeated look in his eyes. I felt something prick my chest when he delivered the news:

"Pack up. We're moving."