Chapter 8

~Y/n's POV~ 

       I've dropped by the store to grab some snacks and drinks for both my dad and me, the teddy in my purse made me feel less anxious cruising around.

       I bought some pain killers for my dad, and a throw blanket I found in the back of the store for myself. When the cashier rang up the items, it was almost too much until I found more cash stored in my pocket and paid the lady.

       I walked out of the store, brushing past other customers, and approached my father's beat up car. I put my bags in the passenger's seat and buckled myself in, sticking the car key in the ignition.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          "I'm home!" I called as soon as I entered my home. I kicked my shoes off and glanced at my dad--instead of him being on the couch like I last saw him, he was on the floor snoring.

      I sighed and whipped out my phone to order a pineapple pizza, it wasn't particularly my favorite. But my dad loves it, I can just suck it up and pick out the pineapple.

     I placed the bags on the kitchen table and put everything where they needed to go. I left the painkillers and a glass of water on the coffee table, I didn't have the strength to lift my father back on the couch, so I can only hope the floor is comfortable. 

Once I was reassured he was fine, I entered my room for some peace.

  But it looked so depressing compared to other parts of the house. A mattress on the floor, a leather jacket folded beside it, and a couple of paper boats from Pennywise. I took in a long, deep sigh and covered the mattress with the blanket I bought.

How come mom didn't let us get all our stuff? I know most of my clothes are still over there, the same as...same as Charlie's.

"Hiya, gumdrop!"

I shrieked and spun around to meet Pennywise's amused smile.

"You can't keep doing that!" I scolded, he innocently smiled and shrugged.

"Don't cha' remember what we promised?" his all giddy persona was now dark and demanding. It made me shiver at how his personality can change in merely a second.

"Uh, yeah, I remember," I adverted my eyes and cupped my arm. "But can we sit on the mattress? My feet hurt."

Pennywise's eyes glowed a blue color, a happy smile fluttered on his cheeks. "Of course!"

      I sat down on the bed and stared at the clown, he stared down at me back before dropping to the floor and crawling to me on all fours. To be honest, it irked me.

       But once I felt his long arms envelop me into a warm embrace, I just allowed it to happen. His weight caused me to fall flat on the bed and I felt myself go stiff, though he seemed unbothered and straight-up laid on me. His head snuggled on my exposed neck, and his arms wrapped around my stomach so that I could hold him back.

I exhaled in bliss and intertwined my hands on his back. 

    I didn't know what I could do to trigger him, so I did everything at a slow pace. Like--if I needed to adjust, I would stop if he made a noise or moved as well.

   I smiled at the memory of the time where I was scared of him. Maybe I am a little bit, but if I let him lay on me and hold me, then I trust him more than I did before.

       Though he was silent, his gestures showed me how a monster like him could be so kind. I don't know if I shouldn't have warmed up to him like this, but I didn't mean to. I had nobody to leech onto in this situation, and suddenly an entity pops up and offers to hug me...well, not the first day. But you get what I mean.

   Pennywise started to hum a song, it kind of sounded like circus music, but I couldn't put my finger on it. So familiar, yet so foreign.

"Can I pet your hair?" I asked softly.

     Instead of replying, he twisted his arm around to grab my hand and placed it on his head. The way he twisted his arm looked painful, but it didn't bother him.

      I slowly ran my hand through his hair, and to my surprise, it wasn't as soft as I imagined it to be, but it was still comforting. I felt his breaths on my neck, docile and calm.

I felt his eyelashes flutter on my neck when he blinked...so, he's awake...but he seems so calm. Almost asleep even.

    Maybe he's attention-starved? I remember him mentioning something about holding my teddy while he cried, did he have a horrible past?

Did he even have a past? Where does he originate?

       I was too tired to think of too many questions, so I closed my eyes, but then suddenly I felt the blanket under me get pulled out. I looked at Pennywise to watch him cover the blanket over  the both of us.

      Most of his body was covered except his feet and head, he shivered and squeezed me softly. I laid my hands on his head and back, though his arms were around me, his fingers poked out through my sides. I could feel them grab my shirt.

      He started to hum again and it lulled me further to sleep. I closed my eyes and leaned my head on his, he chuckled. I did my best to enjoy the attention while it lasted.

I soon fell asleep with a clown holding me and humming me to sleep. My fears of him were completely thrown out of the window and the bad events weren't in my mind. All I thought of was him.

This further shows how a simple person, thing, can help you feel a lot better in a bad situation.