Chapter 18

~Y/n's POV~

       I yet again woke to an empty bed, except now I had a stuffed ducky to accompany me. I shivered in the memory of Charles--I hope I don't have to see him again. I groggily yawned and palmed my wet eyes, through the small slits through the ceiling above with the floating people, I was able to assume it was early in the morning.

And I was hungry.

And I have to use the bathroom as well, I brushed my hair down with my fingers, grabbed my crutches, and began searching for a spot to pop a squat. I decided to venture off into one of the sewer lines and did my business, I mean, there's already piss and shit in the water so it didn't really matter.

I returned to the stage and pulled my pants up higher on my waist, my cheek felt numb, and my ankle didn't hurt as much as last time. I stared at the flying children, dancing in the air like strings were tied around them.

How was he able to do that?

I sighed and eased myself back down on my mattress, I grabbed my stuffed ducky and played with its beady eyes. I had nothing else to do, and besides, I want to wait for Pennywise to come back.

I usually get attacked when I'm by myself.

But that sour thought was washed away when I remembered yesterday, the brightly lit stalls and sugary food. The kiss we shared on the London Eye. It was mystical.

"Y/n!"

I jumped and shot my head over at the voice, it was Pennywise, and he was standing in one of the entrances. I blinked and he got drastically closer, I stared at the brown bag gripped in his left hand.

"What's that?" I asked, pointing at the object.

He shook it a bit and shot down to a squat, facing me with a bright smile. "I thought cha' would be hungry! You did sleep long for a human. I got what I thought ya' would like."

Plopping the bag in my lap, he sat next to me and rocked back and forth. His smile thin on his lips and his eyes flickering at me and the bag. I opened the bag to see a cup of fries and a hamburger packed inside.

"Thanks, Penny," I said and proceeded to eat the food.

He smiled in pride but stayed silent while I ate.

I stared at the murky water on the ground, and the clumps of unknown items swimming in the water. In deep thought I came up with a question to ask him, but I felt afraid to do so. I looked at him to see his eyes calmly tracing the walls of his adobe.

Seemingly used to this dirty habitat.

"Maybe, uh...maybe today when you aren't busy, can you--can we find a house to stay in?" I said and quickly added. "Its because there's no bathroom here and I don't like feeling dirty, that's all."

He tapped his chin and closed his eyes, I looked away and munched on a few fries nervously.

"Stay right here and eat up! Pennywise will do the job!" he stood up and patted my head, I smiled at him with my mouth full.

His finger dragged down my forehead before he pulled away and disappeared in thin air. I blinked slowly and stared down at my half-eaten burger.

I closed my eyes and sighed heavily. He's probably going to murder someone for their house, why didn't I think of that?

But then again, I couldn't go back where...you know...where all that happened.

"You dusty, you not that cute, your hair's uneven," I said to my ducky and slapped it in its face, it flopped to its side sullenly. (Reference to a TikTok.)