Chapter 6

~2nd POV~

Pennywise felt very happy, an emotion that was very rare to him. 

       Usually, he would find excitement through fear and only fear, but you sparked something else in him--like a strange urge to keep you for himself, not to eat, but for you to reside with him.

He paced around his sewer, his feet slapping on the moist ground with his mountain of objects towering over him.

He felt obligated to give you something; a gift.

        He glanced at the pile of toys, scanning to find the perfect one, and not even seconds later he spotted his special toy. He had it ever since he was a child, but those times were vague. He approached the mountain and began climbing it, his movements were so nimble that nothing was knocked over. Just shifted slightly.

      He grabbed the stuffed animal and perched on a jack-in-a-box to observe the toy. It was a simple stuffed teddy.

    Dark brown in color, fur was matted with a torn tie on its chest. One of its eyes were missing, and the nose was fractured. But it was still his special teddy.

    The only thing he could remember about the toy is hugging it close to his chest and crying to sleep. The only comfort he had at the time.

He thought it would help you too since it helped him back then.

        Pennywise swiftly got off the mountain of toys and landed on the wet ground. He gave the toy one more glance before he entered through a secret tunnel which lead to the outside.

~Y/n POV~

     I bawled my eyes out in my hands, my sobs were impossible to control when the casket was lowered to the cold earth. 

          I turned and hugged my father, the only connection for comfort. He was crying as well; it was rare for him to cry. But, this death...it left all of us in shambles. Mother was here too, but she left after looking for a moment. She wasn't crying when I glanced at her.

"Charlie," I muttered in a hoarse voice.

Why in the hell did you leave us? Why didn't you take me with you?

At the time, he went on a field trip to watch a play and eat at a buffet.

        The police found out that the bus driver had some alcohol in her system, so she was probably drunk while driving all of them. They swerved off a bridge, and into the river. Killing all those innocent kids; including the driver.

It began to pour rain, so everyone began to disperse and said their final goodbyes. But I stayed.

  My dad had to tug me out, he was heartbroken to have done that. But he said that I'll get sick if I stayed any longer.

I wonder if mom is even sad about Charlie's death?

~Time skip~

       I found multiple bottles of booze in the fridge, I glanced at my dad, he was passed out on the couch with the stain of alcohol on his chest. Thank god he was the pass-out type.

I felt my heart shatter.

Mom; an abusive drunk. Dad; starting to drink. And Charlie; dead.

Then there's me; depressed and alone. The whole fucking start of it.

      I felt tears prick my eyes at the sight, but I sucked it up and walked up to my room. I entered and washed the makeup off my face in the bathroom, I then changed into loose clothing. As I pulled up my shorts, I felt another presence with me. I continued dressing until I left the bathroom.

"Hiya, gumdrop!"

I glanced at Pennywise, he had a wide grin on his face, his eyes shining.

I adverted my gaze to the ground and said, "W-what do you want."

"I've got ya somethin'!" he exclaimed with a spark in his eyes.

I glanced at his hands which were hidden behind his back.

"What is it?" I asked in pure curiosity.

With a wide smile, he whipped out a teddy bear. A very used looking one.

"This was my teddy! I would hold him when I cried and he made me feel better!" he giggled and shoved the teddy in my arms. "So, I wanted to give it to ya!"

I was just flabbergasted that, he, a demon-clown-thing, would care enough to give me a present?

I stared down at the teddy in my hands, tears flowing down my cheeks as I held the stuffed animal close. It made me feel less alone somehow...I have no idea what his true intentions were, but he stopped scaring me after the day we met. It makes things a bit more easier to handle without the paranoia eating at me. 

"T-thank you...I like it," I said in barely a whisper, I shoved my face in the teddy despite the rank smell coming off of it.

He stared at me, I could feel it, but it felt less hostile than before.

"Sounds like you need a hug from Pennywise~"

      I didn't have time to reject before he teleported in front of me and took me in his arms, his tall stature hunched over my form. I stayed there, silent, with his arms around my waist before I returned the gesture.

He seemed a bit shocked that I even hugged him back, but he didn't pull out of it.

And to think, I'm getting more attention from a clown than my own father. I know he has his own way with coping, but turning to alcohol won't help the situation at all.

"Aren't cha' afraid of me? I don't smell your fear," he said, his voice crisp in my ears. I felt him sniff my hair softly.

"Yeah...but a lot happened and this makes me feel a bit better."

     I heard him chuckle before he tightened his grip around me, his smell wasn't the nicest, but him holding me made my tears stop flowing.

      The pain was still there, but he was posing as my pain killer. I wonder how long he'll do this before he changes his mind.