Chapter 7

~Y/n's POV~ 

 I've still kept that teddy weeks later. I guess it made me feel better holding it, knowing that 'someone' thought of me and cared enough to give me something. It comforted me in a way.

        Dad kept drinking, maybe in a more surplus amount now that Charlie died. He became internally broken, I could see it, the way he stares at his photo says it all. Any chance he got he would have booze in hand, to wash away the smile he saw in the picture. Seeing that tough guy crumble had shattered me, even more than I already was.

I needed someone strong to comfort me, but he's now drinking his pain away. Barely sparing me a glance anymore.

No. I have to be tough. And besides, I have Pennywise. But even then...I can't rely on him for my recovery.

        I sucked in a deep breath and exhaled slowly, leaving my room with my teddy bear in hand. I glanced at my father, sprawled out on the couch with a beer barely in his grip. I tucked my teddy in my underarm and snagged the bottle out of his hand.

       I wiped the slobber off his chin and began picking up the bottles around him, wiping the saliva on my shorts as I threw the booze away. I secured my hold on my teddy before approaching my father again.

I sighed.

    I grabbed a blanket from the laundry room and covered him with it, or rather, a bed sheet, but it doesn't exactly matter. He shambled around and faced the couch, snoring softly once he got in a comfortable position. A faint smile brushed on my lips.

I tucked the blanket under his chin and kissed his forehead. "I love you, dad."

I wanted him to say 'I love you' back. But of course, he was passed out.

        I sighed in disappointment and walked away from him. I entered the kitchen and opened the fridge, but there was nothing; absolutely empty--just his beer bottles and soiled leftovers.

"I guess I could go eat out." I muttered, "I can get dad something too."

"Whatcha' doin', gumdrop?"

I gasped and spun around to meet Pennywise's wide grin.

"O-oh. I was going to order some food."

"Oh! I see you like your gift!" he giggled and clapped his hands together.

"Uh, yeah. No one gave me anything before, so it's special for me. Even coming from a clown."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

I smiled, noticing that his smile began to grow.

"I-I've gotta go, though. I'm hungry and dad might be too when he wakes up," I said and threw my purse over my shoulder. Teddy stuffed securely inside.

Penny curled his nose in disgust when looked over at the form on the couch.

"Why do you care for that...creature?"

I took in a deep breath and sighed, "He's just having a hard time."

"You are too, gumdrop."

"I...I mean, yeah. But--"

"How bout' this, when you come back. I'll give you a good ole' fashion Pennywise hug," he smiled widely.

He seemed happier about the idea than I am, but I know I couldn't refuse. I like hugs, and he might get angry if I disagreed.

I smiled tiredly at him and nodded, "That sounds good."

Pennywise giggled and waved his fingers at me, "See ya' later, gumdrop~"

Once I neared the front door I looked back and quietly said goodbye.

-------------------------------------------------

        Pennywise stared at the door before looking back down at your father, disgust ridden on his features. He looked away before placing his gloved hand on his chest, a warm smile on his face.

"My little gumdrop, how cute~"