Chapter 9

~Y/n's POV~

  I awoke to an empty bed.

   I couldn't spot Pennywise in the area but I was tightly encased in my blanket. Probably from his doing. I groggily rolled over and unplugged my phone, wiping the crust off my eyes, and turned my phone on to check the time. It was 7:23 am.

I sighed and covered my eyes, dad's most likely going to wake by the alarm and ask for breakfast.

"Y/n? C-can you make me some breakfast?" my dad called, sounding tired and groggy. Just in time.

"I'll be down there in a minute!" I called.

        I tore the blanket off me and began getting ready for the day, I changed clothes, brushed my hair and teeth, and washed my face. I quickly pulled on my shoes when dad called my name again.

          I walked out of my bathroom to see that my bed was made and my teddy laid on top of it, my paper boats were lined up down the bed like a river. It made me smile.

"Thanks, Penny," I said softly and exited the room. I inaudibly heard his chuckle.

           Walking to the living room, I saw my father struggling to make his tie. His fingers kept getting caught together and he was stumbling on his feet. I approached him and swatted his hands away to do his tie.

"Oh--thanks," he muttered and watched me in amazement as if I was a professional as I tied it.

"Your welcome, dad." I smiled. "Also, remember to take some of the painkillers for your hangover. I placed it on the coffee table."

       I walked in the kitchen and began to cook his breakfast, upon doing that, my father took two pills and asked a question once he was done.

"How am I? You know...when I drink?" he asked, worry lacing his voice. "It's hazy, and I don't remember much."

       I stopped for a brief moment and said, "You're not like mom when she gets drunk...you'll pass out for a very long time...that's all."

"I'm sorry sweetie," he said in remorse. "I'm just going through a lot."

"Dad." I turned and looked at him, slightly irritated. "You're not the only one suffering. I am too. I witnessed what my mom did, and Charlie...please...I-I need someone to lean to, to help me back onto my feet."

       Dad gave me the saddest look before saying, "I-I just don't know how to handle this. First, your mom leaving me like that. And then the death of your brother...It's a lot for me to take in."

I sighed and put his food on a plate, I grabbed a cup of orange juice and served the meal to him. He slowly began eating.

"I love you, damn, I really love you." I smiled in the brink of crying. "But, we can get over this together. You-you can find another woman instead of that bitch...we can be happy again..."

He checked the time before kissing me on the forehead, "I'll try. But I've got to go. Love you."

And walked out right before I can say 'I love you' back.

I sighed and glanced at the meal I've made, he barely ate the eggs or bacon--but drank the orange juice, I bit my lip to refrain from crying. But he had a job to do, money to make.

      I sat in the chair he was previously in, and slowly began eating what he didn't finish. I might as well not waste anything. My knife glided against the plate like butter, the food wasn't that bad but wasn't good either.

   I continued eating in a daydream-like state, numbly stuffing food in my face, but I was brought back to reality when I accidentally cut my finger.

I hissed and shot up from my seat, blood bubbling up from the cut, but it wasn't much to create a mess. I walked over to the sink and ran my finger under cold water. 

I felt a figure stand behind me, looking over, I saw ginger hair and realized it was Pennywise beside me.

"Hey, Penn--"

"Whatcha doing there, Y/n? "

In that moment...I felt scared.