Chapter 12

~Y/n's POV~

    I woke up shivering at the cold nipping at my skin, I slowly brought myself to a sitting position. I looked down at my hand when I felt a tightness to it. It was the balloon Pennywise gave me.

        I smiled softly, remembering the memories we shared--it may be crazy, but I feel like I am connected to him. Or maybe I miss the affections I used to get with my father and brother...I wonder what happened to him. My father I mean.

     I gently took off the string and released it, expecting it to fly up, but it sat still like gravity didn't matter to it.

         I scanned the area I was in, by the stench I could tell I was in the sewers--but the smell wasn't a problem for me. It was the feeling of lonesome, and overwhelming sadness. I'm still in the mourning stage for Charlie, and dad does something like that? It really makes me wonder if my life's not a bad dream.

       I looked around at the used circus stage I sat in, big red curtains were pulled back for me to see the sewage and scattered out toys.

       I made a noise in pain when I tried to move my foot, I looked down at my left ankle. A mass of purple and swelling made me gulp nervously.

*POP*

     I shrieked, spinning around to see what the noise was--it was my balloon. A med-kit appeared beside me.

I gently smiled.

        For almost an hour or so I used a broken mirror to check my wounds and patch them up. I bandaged my ankle the best I could and attempted to use something as a crutch, but nothing came up. I just gave up and put band-aids on the cuts on my body. The cut on my lip had healed over, but it was still sore.

"Gumdrop! You're awake!"

I perked up at the voice I grew to favor. But my smile faded when I saw blood around his plump lips.

"Yeah," I paused. "But, what happened with my father?"

He just stared at me.

"Did you kill him?" I asked calmly.

He nodded and licked his lips. The only reaction he got was a sigh, much to his surprise. He realized--from many of his victims--how attached humans get with their own flesh and blood.

"Pennywise hug?" he asked.

"Yeah..."

        He hopped on the stage and sat in front of me, he spread his legs apart and pulled me in his chest. I laid my head on his shoulder and sighed contently with his arms around my shoulders. Sniffing my hair, I heard him sigh.

I feel so safe with him, his embrace is so warm and comforting...

His hands clenched the back of my shirt, causing me to open my eyes and look at him.

"You're mine, and only mine...nothin' can hurt you while I'm here."

I would open my mouth to argue with that statement, but what else can I defend. Who else do I have to go back to? I only have Pennywise, and if he leaves me, then I'm truly alone.

I snuggled my head in the ruffles in his neck and exhaled coldly, "Yeah..."