Chapter 1: The Day That Changed Everything (Edited)

3rd person POV:

In a world riddled with powers, the appearance of prejudice is assured. Even more so in a world where the supernatural was not always normal. When one's worth is determined purely by the strength and usefulness of their power, what happens when you're born without one?

What happens in a world where everything is perceived as black and white, hero and villain?

This story begins many years ago, in a hospital in China, where a newborn started to glow. In days cases of supernatural powers, or quirks as they were called, popped up around the world. The fantasy that was once limited to the imagination became reality. However, fantasy doesn't mean utopia.

Super-villains rampaged and soon enough 'superheroes' emerged. And the heroes, well-being a hero became government positions. However, fame, power, and riches polluted the concept of heroism.

In the present day, 95% of the global population has a quirk while the other 5% are subjected to treatment that is less than human.

Society, now ruled by the strong saw the normal as pitiful and revolting. The world was filled with discrimination, egotistical bastards, neglect, and abuse. A perfect example of the effects of discrimination is a young boy, Izuku Yagi, or as he would later call himself Hatsu Yami.

*********************

''Izuku. Izuku wake up. We find out what our quirks are today,'' a high-pitched but endearing voice rang out. Izuku, a dark green-haired child with viridian green eyes, opened his eyes and looked at the source of the voice

The still half-asleep Izuku was met with the smiling face of his blond-haired, emerald-eyed sister. He groaned in annoyance and turned to his right to see the time, 9:49 A.M. ''I guess it's time to wake up,'' he thought to himself as he sat up. He rubbed his eyes and yawned. ''Thanks for waking me up Izumi.'' ''NO PROBLEM,'' she yelled with her usual hyperactiveness. ''But how come your not excited?" Izuku looked in his sister's direction. ''I am. Just...tired. Bad dream.'' ''What was it about?" ''I saw someone who looked like me with dark skin, red hair, and purple eyes. They were laughing, but suddenly they were gone.'' Izumi shrugged. ''Probably nothing. ''Yeah,'' Izuku replied a bit hesitantly.

''Anyways. LITTLE SISTER, how about we go wake up mom and dad.'' At the words 'little sister' Izumi pouted. Even though the two were twins Izuku was born 9 minutes earlier. To her chagrin, he would never let her forget. Izumi let out a murmur of ''meany,'' however, this only elicited a chuckle from the older of the two.

However, Izumi shook it off and she gained stars in her eyes. ''ALRIGHT, LET'S GO!" She sprinted to their parent's room, with Izuku following close behind.

Silently they opened the door and opened the lights. ''WAKE UP!" With a jolt both parents woke up, a tall and thin man with a bit of muscle with the same blond hair as Izumi but with electric blue eyes was the first to appear from under the sheets. His wife, a rather plain-looking woman with dark green hair and emerald green eyes, followed suit.

The pair were terrified at hearing their daughter's scream. Frantically the pair asked, ''Izumi are you alright?'' They had either failed to notice their son or completely disregarded his existence. With a quick nod, Izumi responded "Yeah, but come on and hurry up. Today is the day we get our quirks checked." With a sigh of relief from Inko and a chuckle from Toshinori, he said, "Okay, but first we have to get ready." With Inko coming over and fussing over Izumi, the 3 left.

Izuku, however, was left behind. ''Kill them,'' a voice eerily similar to his own whispered into his mind. He closed his eyes and shook his head. He followed the tracks of his family and went to get ready.

*******************************

The Yagi family was sitting down and waiting in the lobby of their doctor. Inko and Toshinori were wondering what type of quirks their children could get. The children on the other hand. Well, Izumi was just like her parents while Izuku was worried. He may have been four but even he knew how the world treated the quirkless.

Izumi sensed her twin's worry and turned to him. ''No need to worry. We'll be fine.'' ''Promise?" Izumi extended her pinky. ''Pinky promise.''

"Yagi family the doctor is ready to see you,'' a nurse called. They all stood up and were led to a doctor's office. ''Sorry, but your usual doctor had an emergency so you'll see one of the more recent hires.'' ''Oh it's fine,'' Toshinori said, waving away the nurse's worry.

When they entered they were met with a tanned muscular man with grey eyes and black hair. ''Good morning,'' the doctor said while he took a look at the files for the children. ''Good morning,'' the family replied back. ''Well how about we do the children's exams and see what quirks they get.''

The pair of children cheered and started jumping up and down.

***************************

The family entered the office once again after the test results were in. The family sat down as the doctor examined the results, a look of worry forming on his face. The doctor sighed, closed the results, and asked, ''Do you want the good news or bad news?" The parents, now concerned about Izumi's well-being, replied ''The bad news please.''

''The bad news is that Izuku is,'' the doctor said. However, he stopped and thought, ''God this is hard.'' He continued soon enough, ''Izuku is, without a doubt quirkless.''

The world came crashing down on Izuku. Izuku was smart, scarily so. He was at a level that most 4th graders would be jealous of. As a result, he knew exactly what his life would entail when he was officially classified as quirkless. The boy was rightfully worried but slightly relaxed at the thought of the promise he and Izumi made. As well as the thought that his family and friends would never abandon him

The same thought would make him laugh at the naivety in the future. Regardless as the family was processing what they just heard, the doctor continued. ''All the tests came back negative. He has the joint in his pinky toe, which is a common indicator if someone has a quirk or not, and his blood test says that he is, without a doubt quirkless. While it is unlikely with the both of you being 4th generation quirk users, it is not impossible.''

He paused to give the family time to process. ''Izumi, on the other hand, has a powerful quirk. Her body produces green energy which can latch onto things and be used to constrict them or levitate them. As soon as he finished speaking to give the family time to process, "The good news is that Izumi has a very powerful quirk. She produces green energy from her body, which is used to levitate things. The limits are still unknown, but the more energy she can produce depends on how physically fit she is. The drawbacks are migraines, bleeding from both the ears and eyes and passing out."

The parents congratulated their daughter and began to talk about the training. They had already forgotten about consoling their son if that thought even ran through their mind.

Expecting this the doctor sighed and called Izuku over. "Hey kid, come here."

Izuku stood up and walked to the older male. When he arrived he was met with kind words. ''No matter what happens, remember that quirkless doesn't mean useless. It's okay to cry and it's okay to not smile just don't give up. Keep moving forward, even if you have to crawl. Show the world it dealt the wrong person the wrong hand. If you ever need a hand, call this number.'' The doctor handed Izuku a card with his personal number written on it in pen ink. ''Thank you,'' Izuku replied with a smile as he pocketed the card.

Izuku turned around, only to see his family leaving him behind. He ran to the door, but before he left he turned around and asked, ''What's your name mister.'' The doctor was slightly taken aback but chuckled. ''The name is Yami kid. Yami Sukehiro.'' Smiling Izuku said "Bye-bye Mr. Sekuhiro!"

Izuku ran out and left Yami staring at the door. He put his hands together, closed his eyes, and said a quick prayer. ''Dear heavenly father who resides in heaven may your spirit guide the child through his hardships...Amen.'' Yami opened his eyes and looked at the test results one last time. ''God,'' he whispered as he put it away.