Chapter 9: My Turn

(A.N I know I said in the last chapter that Izuku would be meeting Hikaru in this chapter, and I was kind of lying. This chapter will be about Hikaru and his quirk doctor's appointment. That's why the chapter is called ''My Turn.'' Hikaru will meet Izuku, but only at the end of the chapter).

Hikaru POV:

Today was the day before my 4th birthday, the day I found out if I have a quirk or not. I am super excited, is what I wish I could say, but I'm worried. I'm worried that if I don't get a quirk my family will turn on me like they did with my older brother. I'm not supposed to know what happened with Izuku, but it's kind of hard when it's all they talk about. They think I don't understand what they're talking about, but I'm smart, like really smart. I think I got it from my brother because Mom, Dad, and Izumi aren't very smart. Anyways, back to the topic, I keep on thinking about what if they left me, so to relax I put on my favorite song that Izuku made.

When the song finished I had an idea, 'What if I write Izuku a letter?' You see every day on my birthday Izuku leaves me 3 presents. One from him, one from Grimm, and one from Fu. Izuku leaves me a song, Grimm gives me whatever he can think of, and Fu gives me jewelry. I don't really like jewelry, but the one thing I always wear is the necklace Fu gave me on the day I was born. It says 'Forever and Always.' I love it so much, that I never take it off. Anyways, back to the letter, I reasoned that Izuku will see the letter if I put it where he puts my presents, the small table in the living room.

When I finished writing it I waited until everyone was about to go to sleep to put it on the table.

After everything was said and done I went to sleep. Unable to wait for the next day.

(Time skip to the next morning)

The next day I woke up to Izumi screaming, "BYE MOM!" I groaned at my sister, doesn't she realize I'm sleeping? Then I remember that I get my quirk checked out today. I threw off my covers and headed to the living room to check the presents and to see if Izuku got my letter, but before I get to look my Mom picks me up with her quirk saying, "You can look at your present after the quirk doctor, we're already late, and I'm busy today." 'Busy looking for Izuku,' I thought bitterly. Now I know it isn't Izuku's fault, it's everyone else's. Don't they realize that if they haven't found him in 5 years they won't find him? As soon as I got ready to leave Mom had dragged me into the car. 'Rude,' I thought.

(Time skip to the quirk doctor.)

While we waited for the doctor to meet up with us I saw a girl my age with white hair and a small horn on the side of her head playing alone. (A.N I know Eri would be older than him, but it's a fanfic, roll with it). I walked up to her and asked, "Can I play with you?" With a shocked face, she responded in a low voice, "Are you sure, I don't want you to get made fun of." "Of course I want to play with you. I wouldn't be asking otherwise." "Really? Thank you, what's your name?" "My name is Hikaru Yagi. You?" "My name is Eri Chisaki." "Well, what do you want to play?" "Can we play doctor?" "Of course, I'll be the patient." With that, I made a new friend. A few minutes later we were called. "Yagi's the doctor is waiting for you." I quickly got up and said a small goodbye to Eri, hoping I would see her again.

When we got in the doctor said, "Good news Mrs. Yagi, Hikaru has a wonderful quirk." "Oh yeah," my Mom asked barely paying attention. "Yes, he has a negation/paralysis quirk. With his right hand, he can negate emitter quirks, and with his left hand, he can paralyze people. Each effect only lasts a minute for every finger landed on the person. The only drawback is he can't turn it on or off." I was super excited, I had a quirk and a very good one at that. "Did you hear that Mom, I CAN BE A HERO WITH MY QUIRK!" "Yeah, yeah Hikaru. We need to get home," she said to me. She didn't even congratulate me.