Chapter 10: Fateful encounter

Izuku POV:

I looked down at Hikaru and smirked, and I said, "Who else would it be kid?"

(The day before Hikaru's quirk test)

I woke up with a start today. I went to sleep expecting the usual, a few hours of sleep, dreaming of Dad dying, my torture courtesy of Yagi 3, Bakugo's 3 and 4, and Todoroki's 6 and 7, and my clearing burning to the ground. This night terror however was the worst yet. It was of me and Dad hanging out with my old fam*blegh*family. Ugh, it physically hurts me calling them that. The worst part was that we were all smiling and laughing with no care in the world. My sperm and egg downer even had the AUDACITY to call me 'son'. Especially Yagi 1 (Toshinori), he KILLED Dad out of JEALOUSY. OUT OF ALL THE PETTY THINGS HE COULD KILL HIM FOR, HE KILLED HIM BECAUSE OF HOW CLOSE WE WERE.!THAT BASTARD HAS NO RIGHT TO BE JEALOUS! HE WAS THE ONE WHO FORGOT ABOUT ME, LEFT ME ALONE, IT'S ALL HIS FAULT I DON'T HAVE A FAMILY.

The dream took a turn for the worst when the scene changed. I saw Hikaru with a knife sticking out of his chest. I immediately ran over to him and said, "No, no, no, no, no, NO. COME ON HIKARU, STAY ALIVE, please. You're all I have left, please." Hikaru then turned to me and said, "Why... didn't... you... save me?" With that, I woke up and shot out of bed.

As I shot out of bed I heard Grimm say, "Izuku, are you okay? You're crying.

As I reached for my face, it felt wet. I was in fact crying. I rubbed them off quickly and replied sarcastically," Yeah, I'm fine... fine. Why wouldn't I be." "Well there is the tremendous list of trauma that we have yet to unpack," replied Fu matter of factly. "Stop being a smartass Fu," I replied annoyed. Grimm then spoke up saying, "You know that's not what I meant Izuku. We haven't seen you cry since the day we left the Yagi's." "It's nothing I just had a nightmare." "That was no ordinary nightmare. You have one every day, but you have NEVER reacted like that." "Just let go of it Grimm, I don't want to talk about it now." "Fine, but you're telling us later. You are lucky we have to get Hikaru's presents." "Ooh I have something special for him this year," Fu said excitedly. Sighing me and Grimm replied at the same time, "It better not be another piece of jewelry, the Kid already has enough." "It's not, well, not technically." "Alright, whatever, I have to go record song I made for him," I said with no emotion. "Well I have to go to the store to get my gift," said Grimm. "Fine, but let's eat first. I am starving." And on cue, our stomach growled. "Fine" Grimm growled out, "but I want 20 more minutes of patrol, I want to kill more people." "That's fine." After eating I let Grimm take control of the body so he could get his gift. After about 10 minutes he walked inside a hunting store and picked out a pocket knife. "ARE YOU CRAZY, YOU CAN'T GIVE A 4 YEAR OLD A KNIFE," both Fu and I screamed out. "Hey they get superpowers at 4, a knife won't hurt. Plus, if he turns out to be quirkless he will have something to protect himself with." "I guess your right," I mumbled. "I'm what, say that one more time." "I SAID I GUESS YOUR RIGHT! God."

After Grimm picked a knife out it was Fu's turn to be in control. She eventually led us to a hardware department and picked out some tools. "You're giving him tools, what a disappointment," Grimm said. "Shut up dumbass I am making him something and I broke my old tools." "Oh, that makes more sense." She then walked back to the house. We were staying at Dad's house. In all honesty, I am surprised they never searched the place. Guess they don't want to be forgiven.

When we reached the house Fu took out the tools and a pair of goggles and a bracelet. "Why would you need tools for this," I asked. "I need tools because these are electronic. The plastic on the goggles are screens that Hikaru can use as a phone and the bracelet/gauntlet is the remote. This way if he is ever in trouble he can say a voice command and we will know his location. I'm just having a hard time figuring out the command." "How about 'Act of Karma'," Grimm suggested. "Short but cool, I like it. You have had 2 good ideas today. You should be proud of it," Fu jokingly said. "Hey!" It only took Fu 30 minutes to finish and now it was my turn. I took out a recorder and I said a few words. After I played a song and explained Grimm's and Fu's gifts. (A.N Look at the previous chapter for what he said and the songs). When I was done I put everything in a box and waited until midnight. At midnight, I had begun to walk towards the Yagi home to drop off my presents. When I reached the front door I picked the lock and walked in.