Chapter 14: U.A Entrance Exam

(A.N the previous chapter and The Regret of a chapter was edited. While not completely necessary for it to be read, the beginning of this chapter would make more sense).

Nezu POV:

Today was a relatively normal day, blackmail government officials for money, check on gang spies and look for Izuku. How that boy has eluded my capture or stayed alive for so long eludes even me. It was as if he was a ghost. The only reason I know he is alive is the birthday presents he sends Hikaru and his infuriating taunts. In one of his more recent ones, he even sent me a song, one of the most infuriating ones I have heard. Not for the reason that the song itself was bad, no, it was because it was exactly how it felt to find him.

As a result, when I received an incoming message from the police, I had expected it to be the usual, help with a case from the most intelligent being on the planet. Instead, I was told that the popular murder/vigilante/villain Reaper had a personal message for me. Being the intellectual person I am I was prepared for a multitude of different scenarios, including murder threats, but nothing could have prepared me for what they told me. "The Reaper left someone alive for the first time. While he usually kills his victims it has been confirmed that it is him through his calling card, a recording. His message towards you was, "Tell Nezu that the game is almost over and that the odds were not in his favor." I was shocked, the only person to say anything similar to that was Izuku in his first recording. In shock, I had asked, "Has the victim described Reaper." "Why yes, in fact, he said that while being tortured Reaper had revealed his face on purpose. He had black hair with green highlights, pale skin, four freckles on each check-in the shape of a diamond, and toxic green eyes." This had all, but confirmed that Reaper was Izuku, but how did such a sweet young boy ended up being a cold-hearted murderer. I had hoped that he would keep his moral compass, but it seems not. "Thank you for the information officer." "Nezu may I asked you a question?" "Of course." "Do you know Reaper, he seems to have known you?" "Why yes, I do." "THEN YOU NEED TO TELL US WHO HE IS. HE HAS BEEN A PAIN IN OUR ASS FOR THE PAST 2 BORDERING 3 YEARS!" "There is no need." "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE IS NO NEED!" "There is no need because if I am correct he will turn himself in very soon. Plus, for the past 5, almost 6 years, I have not been able to find him. What makes you think you will?" "I see. Good day, Nezu." "Good day."

Now that that was done I had many things on my mind. The most prominent things on my mind were, 'Why torture Izumi,' and 'Where did he get a quirk from? While I knew there was a multitude of reasons he would torture Izumi there has to be an unknown factor. If not why decide to hurt her earlier and why only Izumi, why not the rest of the Yagi family. And where did he get a quirk, from what I heard on how Izumi described the quirk from her torture there was no way that All for One would give it away. Being able to manipulate energy that could cancel quirks would guarantee All for One an effortless victory.

So many questions and so few answers. While I would have loved to theorize more I remembered that the entrance exams for first years are today.

Entering the observation room I had seen the faces of the ones everyone had been currently blaming for Izuku's disappearance, The Yagi's, and the Bakugo and Todoroki twins. However, everyone Izuku used to consider family, myself included, knew we were to blame as well.

While I could not reject the young children, now adults, their admission, considering current quirk laws not affecting them until age 13. I could make it as boring and horrible and difficult as possible. Not to mention what I have already done. Years of therapy, anger management, quirk canceling bracelets, and the Yagi adults drastic reduction in pay and drastic increase in bills. However, it was only enough to make them middle-class citizens. They didn't even need to move. DAMN, THEIR POPULARITY. I SWEAR IF THEY WEREN'T TOP HEROES I WOULD HAVE TAKEN AWAY THEIR LICENSES AND MADE THEM WORK DEAD-END JOBS. Nevertheless, I had to keep a calm composure in front of my staff.

(Time skip to the beginning of the practical exam)

I was irked at the youngest Tenya for insulted my school but was quickly calmed down by Tensei apologizing on behalf of his younger brother.

When the practical exam began I had been paying attention to the cameras focusing on the examinees when I heard Toshinori say, "I bet my princess is in the first place." I was irked by Toshinori still coddling Izumi and treating her as if she could do no wrong. When I was about to respond Aizawa spoke before me, "May I remind you that she along with the Bakugo and Todoroki twins are the most villainous students to ever consider joining U.A. If quirk laws affected them when they were a year younger they would be sitting in prison cells for their entire lives."

With that retort, Toshinori shut up, and he along with Inko began looking at the ground.

"As much as I hate to admit, she does have the top spot." With that, the Yagi parents brightened up almost instantly

After a few minutes, I had decided to release all the zero-pointers in their respective areas. However, the one in exam arena C, (A.N I don't remember the canon one Izuku was in, but just know this is the same one) went haywire and couldn't be stopped. A student had used her quirk to lighten another examinee's weight and push them out of the way of falling rubble, only to be hit with it instead and left alone. As everyone was worried the robot would crush her and knew no one could reach her in time we all hoped for the best. That was until a giant pitch-black spear formed out the ground and impaled the zero-pointer, shutting it down. When looking at the cameras trying to find the person who made it we saw a boy with a blood-red cloak with a hood clutching his head while banging it against the wall while being approached by a younger boy with a similar emerald green cloak. The youngest of the 2 hugged the older one and that seemingly helped him. With that, the older of the two sprouted wings out of his back and flew away carrying the younger boy. I immediately knew that it was Izuku from the costume, but the question in my mind is, 'What is he doing here, and who was that boy with him?'

3rd person POV:

Now you may be asking yourself why Izuku along with Hikaru was there. The answer is simple really, Fu had decided to gift Hikaru a cloak similar to their own with the addition of being able to go anyplace he wanted. To her surprise, he wanted to watch the practical portion of the U.A entrance exam. The rest is history.

(A.N I hope you guys liked it. We are beginning to get closer to the main reveal. Also did anyone notice what I did with Nezu and Hikaru, I hope you did because it wasn't super obvious. Still hope somebody is able to get it. Anyways, see you all next time. Bye.)