Chapter Fifteen: It's A Terrible Life

DISCLAIMER: I only own my character! Anything you might recognize is courtesy of the CW.

WARNING: Some of these episodes/chapters may contain graphic violence, cursing, mentions of suicide or assault and other triggering aspects. Proceed with caution please.

Episode Summary:

Angel, Dean and Sam are living very normal and separate lives. Angel is newly married, and the CFO of a large corporation. She's health conscious, chooses to listen to relaxation podcasts versus rock music, and is trying to have a baby. Dean is a corporate man who enjoys health drinks and listens to news radio while climbing the corporate ladder. Sam works in Tech Support. All three work at a company called Sandover Bridge & Iron Company, seemingly oblivious to each other's existence. However, after co-workers start committing suicide at an alarming rate, the three find themselves working side by side to solve the murders.

 However, after co-workers start committing suicide at an alarming rate, the three find themselves working side by side to solve the murders

Chapter Fifteen: It's A Terrible Life

In an uptown, suburban house...

In a bedroom an alarm clock flipped from 5:59 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. and started beeping. A slender and perfectly manicured hand reached over to shut it off. Angel's slender uncharacteristically manicured hand. Stretching for a long second she tossed the down comforter off and got out of bed to head straight for the shower.

After finishing her shower, doing her hair and makeup she dressed in a fitting pantsuit and headed downstairs. In the kitchen, a coffee cup was being filled from an espresso machine. The cup was being held by Asa, who was in business dress as well with his hair slicked down.

"Goodmorning, sweetheart." He pecked her on the cheek before handing over the espresso, "Have a good day at work." She smiled at him happily as she swept up her keys and briefcase, "Oh, and Angela?" She turned back to him, "Don't forget about this afternoon, alright? The doctors appoint-"

"The doctor's appointment is at 3:30, downtown, suite 7, Dr. Richards this time. Yes, I know, I haven't forgotten." Smiling, she walked over to him and gave him another kiss, "You're still picking me up?"

"3:10 on the dot."

"Great, I love you!"

Walking outside, she quickly crossed the street to her silver Toyota Prius and got in to start the car. As she was fixing her lip gloss in the rearview mirror rock music blared from the speakers causing her to grimace. Shaking her head she reached down to hit her bluetooth button until her familiar morning mantra started playing.

"Those who seek the easy way, do not seek the true way..."

Smiling, she drove off.

At Sandover Bridge & Iron...

Angel walked out of the elevator and crossed the lobby passing the large Sandover Bridge & Iron history display along one wall. She grinned at one of the accounting clerks as they passed each other before unlocking an office door with the label Angela Johnson - Chief Financial Officer across it. Setting all of her stuff down, she sat at her computer and immediately began typing.