Ch 12 Section 9

Present Day: Inside the Impala

As the Winchesters sat in the impala in front of the highschool, Dean sent a look to his brother, "We came back here so you could talk to a teacher?

"He's a good guy."

"Well, whatever." Dean shrugged, "Go have your Robin Williams 'O captain! My captain!' moment. Just make it quick."

Angel smacked him on the back of the head as Sam opened his door to get out.

"Sam?" He stopped and turned around at the sound of Angels voice, "Take your time, alright?"

With a nod he headed into the school and down the deserted hallway, deep in thought. He took a deep breath as he ran a hand through his hair, much like he did as a kid, but stopped once he was approached by a young female student.

"Excuse me, sir, can you tell me how to find room 305?"

"Sure. Um..." He smiled as he pointed her in the right direction, "Head down the hall, take your first right, and it's the third door on the left."

She smiled sweetly, "Thanks, Sam." While he was distracted by his own shock she quickly stabbed him in the chest, "You got tall, Winchester."

As he was bent over in pain she kicked him in the face and he fell to the ground. Quickly he opened a small jar of salt he took from his jacket pocket. When she approached him, he grabbed her and forced a handful of it into her mouth. The ghost was ripped from the girl's body and flew out the door. She collapsed onto Sam, who sat on the ground looking around in shock.

In the woods...

Angel sat next to Sam on a log, patching him up, as Dean turned from the cooler he pulled out of the impala.

"Trust me." He handed Sam a cold bottle of whiskey, "This will help."

Sam took it from him but groaned at what Angel was doing, "Sorry, Sammy."

"That ghost is dead. I'm gonna rip its lungs out!" Anger bubbled from Dean but his words earned looks from Angel and Sam alike, "Well, you guys know what I mean."

"It knew my name, guys. My real name. We burned Barry's bones." He shook his head in confusion, "What the hell?"

"It probably wasn't Barry. I mean you said you guys were friends, right? So why would his ghost, pissed or not, target you?" Angel mused as she finished him up, "We probably missed something."

"No way." Dean said as he reviewed a file while she talked, "How did we not see this before?"

"See what?"

"Check it out." He opened it to them, "Look, Martha Dumptruck, Revenge of the Nerds, and Hello Kitty- they rode the same bus."

"Okay, so maybe the bus is haunted?"

"That would explain why there's no EMF at the school, but not the attacks." Angel mused, "Ghosts can't just bounce from one place to another. They're tethered to something."

"This one might be able to." Sam explained, "Guys, there's lore about spirits possessing people and riding them for miles. Then whenever they leave the body, they're bungeed back to their usual haunt. Until then though, the ghosts can go wherever they want."

Dean raised a brow, "So a spook just grabs a kid on the bus and walks right into Truman?"

"It's possible."

"Ghosts getting creative..." He scoffed, "Well, that's super."

At the school bus...

Sam was in the back of the bus checking for EMF, while Dean and Angel searched around for some clue of the ghost.

The EMF reader buzzed from Sam's hand, "Definitely ain't clean."

"Here, ghosty, ghosty, ghosty!" Dean called as he banged the head of his shotgun on the roof of the bus, "Come out, come out, wherever you are!"

"Man, I don't get it. No one ever died on this bus, and it's not like there's a body hidden in here."

"There doesn't need to be a body." Angel explained as she looked between seats from behind Dean, "It could be a flap of skin, some hair... even an earring with some blood or residue on it. We just gotta find it."

Dean walked back up to the front of the bus to look through the papers and belongings in the cubby, "Got a new driving permit issued two weeks ago."

"Just before the first attack."

Angel came back over to them, "Who's the driver?"

"Name is Dirk McGregor Sr., 39 North Central Avenue."

Sam's eyes widened, "McGregor?"

"Yeah." Dean turned to look at him, noting his expression, "Why?"

"I knew his son..."

"Jeeze." Angel shook her head, "You know everybody that used to go to this school?"