Ch 2 Section 3

Angel nodded slowly, "You're the girl the demon possessed."

"Meg Masters. Nice to finally talk to you when I'm not, you know, choking on my own blood." Meg held up her hands when Angel tensed at her moving closer yet again, "It's okay. Seriously, I'm just a college girl. Sorry, was. I was walking home one night and got jumped by all this smoke. Next thing you know, I'm a prisoner..." She put a hand to her head, "In here. I was awake. I had to watch while she murdered people."

"Meg..." Angel flinched, "I'm sorry we couldn't save you. I really am."

"Oh, yeah? So sorry you had me thrown off a building?"

"It wasn't like that. We thought-"

"No, you didn't think! I kept waiting, praying! I was trapped in there screaming at you! 'Just help me, please!' You're supposed to help people, Angel. Why didn't you help me?"

Tears filled the hunters eyes, "I'm sorry."

Fury flashed in Megs eyes and before Angel could react she was right in her face.

She slapped Angel so hard it knocked her to the ground, "Stop saying you're sorry!"

"Wait, wait!" Meg instantly kicked Angel in the stomach, "Meg, we didn't know! I swear!"

"No... You just attacked. Did you ever think there was a girl in here? No. You just charged in, slashing and burning. You think you're some kind of hero?"

Flashes from her time in the Pit ripped through Angel's mind and had her frantically shaking her head, "Not in the slightest."

When Meg roughly grabbed a hold of Angel's flannel, the hunter noticed her hand had a brand on it.

"You're damn right. Do you have any idea what it's like to be ridden for months by pure evil... while your family has no idea what happened to you?"

"Meg..." Angel swallowed hard, "We did everything we could."

That pissed her off even more and she shoved Angel back down to the ground so she could kick her hard again.

The ghost towered over the hunter menacingly, "It wasn't just me, Angel. I had a sister. A little sister. She worshipped me. You know how little siblings are, right? How they'll do anything for you. She was never the same after I disappeared. She just... she just got lost. And when my body was lying in the morgue beat-up and broken..." Her eyes pierced Angels, "Do you know what that did to her? She killed herself!" Meg kicked her again in the stomach, "Because of you, Angel! Because all you were thinking about was your family, your revenge, and your demons! 50 words of Latin a little sooner, and I'd still be alive. My baby sister would still be alive. That blood is on your hands, Angel!"

"I know." Pain and regret filled Angel, "You're right."

Meg kicked out at her again but as she went to kick again a crowbar sliced through her and she disappeared. Asa stood there huffing and looking down at her worriedly.

He dropped down to help her up, "Are you okay?"

"Oh, you mean after getting my ass handed to me?" She dusted herself off before giving him a pained smile, "Yeah, just peachy."

With Bobby...

The twin girls held Bobby tightly with a hand over his mouth, "Are you scared, Bobby?"