Ch 12 Section 12

Flashback: Truman University 1997

Angel hurried over to Asa when she saw him waiting at the opening to the running path, "You bring the blueprints?"

He pulled the old blueprint out for her, "You got a plan in mind?"

"Maybe... Look." She pointed, "There's an entrance near these running paths, near the old sinkhole that I found. One of us can go check it out from there while the other handles it above ground."

"That's good." He nodded, "We can pinch this thing from both sides. Me from underground, you from above."

Angel frowned, really not wanting to deal with the sorority girls any more than she already has, "You good with that?"

"I think you've been convincing as a pledge thus far." He smirked, "Unless you want me to go buy a blonde wig and switch places with you?"

"No, no..." She sighed, "I'll go. Just be careful, alright?"

"Same goes for you, blondie." Angel turned from walking away at that pet name and he grinned, "Let's play this smart."

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever you say, Agent Mulder."

When the sun was going down, Brittany instructed Angel, as well as the other new pledges, to dress in their red robes and get ready for the ceremony. Soon they were all following Brittany down the steps to the basement as she chanted in latin. She stopped in front of the locked door Angel came across before and turned to the pledges.

"It's time. This doorway is a portal. You stand here as pledges. You enter and become Kappas." Her eyes then met Angels, "Pledge... You may enter."

From beneath her red robe, Angel readied her knife and tensed for a fight.

Brittany motioned, "Open the door."

Angel's green eyes flashed to her momentarily before she hurried into the room. Instead of some mysterious monster, she was met with all of the other Kappa girls yelling 'Surprise' and cheering as they bounced up and down.

"What in the fu-"

"Congratulations!" Brittany walked in after the rest of the pledges, "You're all now full-fledged Kappas!"

Taking a breath, Angel pulled out her phone as she made her way out of the Kappa house. Asa answered on the first ring.

"Angel, tell me you got something useful."

"No. Asa, we screwed up somewhere. It's not the Kappas."

"Well, I don't know what the hell's going on, but I'm going to interrogate the Dean. You wanna-"

His voice was cut off by a pained grunt, followed by silence, "Asa? Asa? Hello, you there?"

A different man's voice was heard, gruff and irritated, "He don't like munchin on males, but he's sure gonna kill you slow and steady anyway. Shoulda kept your nose in your own business, boy."

Dread filled the blonde as she hung up the phone, "Christ."

Running out of the Kappa house and to the deans office, Angel dialed the only other person she thought could help.

"Yeah?"

"Uncle Bobby!: Relief flooded her, "Thank god."

"Angel? Well hey there darlin. How you been? How're the boys?"

"We're uh, good i guess. Same old, same old." Her breath was labored as she ran towards the dean's office, that being the only lead she could think of that could help find Asa, "I need your help on a case. Kinda stuck on it."