Chapter Eleven: Criss Angel is a Douchebag

DISCLAIMER: I only own my character! Anything you might recognize is courtesy of the CW. Any Gifs and/or pics present are not mine. They were pulled from google searches and/or Tumblr.

WARNING: Some of these episodes/chapters may contain graphic violence, cursing, mentions of suicide or assault and other triggering aspects. Proceed with caution please.

A/N: Just remember to keep in mind about the edit so you might have read some of these chapters already. Thank you for all your support and comments :)

Episode Summary:

A mysterious death draws Angel, Sam and Dean to a town full of old-school magicians. Their investigation leads them to Charlie, Jay, and Vernon, three friends who were famous magicians in their day but have now been replaced by flashier, younger magicians. One of them has made a deal to acquire real magical powers, but the price was extremely high. The Winchesters must figure out a way to reverse the spell before others are harmed.

Previously skipped: Family Remains...

Prologue...

On moonlit street a magician demonstrated turning a heart-shaped balloon into a dove. The impressed crowd around him applauded and cheered for more. A sign on a nearby streetlight read 'Iowa Celebrates Magic Week: Welcome the International Association of Magicians Sioux City'. Inside a nearby bar, another magician practiced a card-handling move. At the bar, yet another magician, an old man named Jay, demonstrated a one-handed cut to the cute bartender.

"Charlier cut."

"Wow." She grinned, "You're really good."

Another magician, a younger man named Vance and his assistant were sitting nearby.

"Yeah, great." Vance sneered in sarcasm, "Hey, show us another."

His assistant rolled her eyes, "Finish your drink, Vance."

Jay ignored him and his laughing as he shuffled the deck and fumbled some of the cards.

The bartender earned his attention again, "Do a card trick for me."

"Ooh, here we go." Vance heckled again, "'The Incredible Jay.'"

"Alright, young lady." Jay smiled at the bartender as he riffled the edge of the cards, "Would you please tell me when to stop?"

"Stop."

Jay held up part of the deck to show the card he was stopped on, the three of spades, but didn't look at the card himself.

"This is your card. Commit it to memory."

He put the deck back together, the three of spades apparently somewhere in the middle.