Ch 12 Section 5

Flashback: Lockley Motel 1997

After dropping her brothers off at the highschool, Angel made her way over to the Lockley motel across town where Asa said he was staying. When he opened the door, he studied her with a smile. She wore a black AC/DC shirt under a black cotton jacket, distressed jeans and folded over worn leather boots. Her blonde hair was tied into a high messy bun allowing him full access to her bright beautiful green eyes.

She gave him an odd look as she walked past him to the room, "What?"

"Nothing." He cleared his throat, looking away but smiling still, "I just, uh, i like this look more than the pink sorority girl. You look nice."

"Oh, uh, thanks..." Angel cleared her throat and looked away from him as she went to sit down so he couldn't see her blushing, "So, I had to bribe some kid at the registrar's office for it, but..." She pulled out a folded paper from her back pocket and handed it over, "I managed to crack those student numbers." She looked at all the stuff he had spread out on the table, "Find anything on the blueprints?"

"Well..." He sat down next to her, making sure they were extra close, "I've been wondering about all the construction repairs on campus and that sinkhole that you found. Turns out, there are a bunch of caves from an underground stream right under the school."

"Caves?" She repeated as her eyebrows shot up, "Go on."

"Looks like some of the old tunnels lead right to a few of the buildings, including Kappa House." He sighed as he looked back at her, "I'm just not sure how it all ties together yet." He studied the look she was giving him curiously, "What?"

"We may not have time to figure it all out. It's our Kappa initiation tonight, right in our basement." She smiled, "Looks like I'm headed straight for whatever nasty they're brewing."

"Shit... Uh, I got a cop friend that I can ask to trace the names. Meanwhile-"

"I'll find out what I can about tonight and then we can make a final plan."

As she got up, he did too, "I was gonna say you should lay low, away from the school, until we know more."

"Please." Angel laughed at that as she headed towards the door, "This is not my first rodeo, sweetheart."

"Just..." He caught her hand before she could leave, "Be careful, alright?"

"I'll be fine." She winked, "Relax."