Ch 7 Section 3

"That's your plan?" Dean scoffed, "You're gonna smite the whole friggin' town?"

"We're out of time. This witch has to die, the seal must be saved."

Sam scoffed, "There are a thousand people here!"

Uriel corrected him with a blank look, "One thousand two hundred fourteen."

"So, what?" Angel bulked, "You're willing to kill them all?"

"This isn't the first time I've... purified a city."

"Look..." Castiel's face softened as he tried to appease them but it only upset them further, "I understand this is regrettable."

Dean scoffed, "Regrettable?"

"We have to hold the line. Too many seals have broken already."

"So you screw the pooch on some seals and this town has to pay the price?"

"It's the lives of one thousand against the lives of six billion. There's a bigger picture here."

"Oh, yeah. Right." Sarcasm laced Angel's voice, "'Cause you're bigger picture kind of guys."

"Lucifer cannot rise." Castiel advanced on her as he spoke, looking deeply and intensely into her eyes, "He does and Hell rises with him. Is that something that you're willing to risk?"

Angel shifted uncomfortably at this. Her eyes hardened into a glare as Castiel kept his eye contact with her. The images she spent so much time trying to suppress once again flooded to the surface of her memory.

"We'll stop this witch before she summons anyone." Sam offered hurriedly, "Your seal won't be broken and no one has to die."

Uriel irritatedly turned to Castiel, "We're wasting time with these mud monkeys."

"I'm sorry..." Castiel turned away from Angel's pained face to Uriel, "But we have our orders."

"No, you can't do this." Sam hurriedly shook his head, "You're angels. I mean aren't you supposed to- You're supposed to show mercy."

Uriel laughed, "Says who?"

"We have no choice."

"Of course you have a choice." Dean whirled on Castiel, "I mean, come on. You've never questioned a crap order? What, are you both just a couple of hammers?"

"Look." Castiel glared, "Even if you can't understand it, have faith. The plan is just."

"No it's not, Castiel. Destroying a town and killing innocent people is not just." Angel shook her head, "How can you even say that?"

"Because it comes from Heaven. That makes it just."

Dean scoffed, "Oh, it must be nice to be so sure of yourselves."

"Tell me something, Dean." Castiel challenged, "When your father gave you an order, didn't you obey?"

Dean looked a little shocked by this but Angel crossed her arms, "This isn't happening, like it or not. You are not killing all of these innocent people. You're just not."

Uriel scoffed, "You think you can stop us?"

"No." Angel's eyes pierced his as she walked over and stood in Uriel's face, challenging him, "But if you're gonna smite this whole town, then you're gonna have to smite us with it, because we are not leaving. Right boys?" They nodded immediately, and she didn't even have to take her glare off of Uriel to know they did, "See, you guys dragged my sorry ass out of Hell so i'm taking that to mean that i might be worth something up there in Heaven. So the only way you're gonna get what you want is if you waste us right along with this town."