Ch 10 Section 3

That night, inside a barn...

"We still got the hex bags." Dean offered, "I say we head back to the panic room."

Ruby scoffed, "What, forever?"

Dean scoffed at her as he became more and more irritated, "I'm just thinking out loud here."

Ruby rolled her eyes, "Oh, you call that thinking?"

"Hey!" When Dean advanced Sam quickly got in between, "Hey, hey, hey. Stop."

"Anna's grace is gone. You understand?" Ruby glared, "She can't angel up."

Angel crossed her arms, "She may not be able to use her juice but that does not mean we're just leaving her to die."

"She can't protect us. We can't fight Heaven and Hell. One side maybe, but not both. Not at once."

"Um... guys?" Anna interrupted, "The angels are talking again."

Sam turned to her, "What are they saying?"

"It's weird... Like a recording, a loop. It says..." She looked to Angel painfully, "'Angel Winchester gives us Anna by midnight, or...'"

Angel's heart sank as she knew what was coming next. There wasn't a single doubt in her mind that the angels would drag her back to her worst nightmares if they didn't get what they wanted.

Dean immediately tensed as worry for his sister's well being flooded him, "Or what, Anna?"

"'Or we hurl her back to damnation.'"

Angel braced herself on the wall as she shook her head and let the redhead's words sink in. Her eyes traveled to gauge her brothers reactions. Both of which were shifting from worry to anger.

"Anna..." Sam met her eyes, "Do you know of any weapon that works on an angel?"

"To what? To kill them?" He nodded, "Nothing we could get to... Not right now."

"Christ..." Angel swallowed hard before looking to her brothers with determination and conviction, "You know what this means boys."

"Angel don't-"

"We're not giving her up. We're not killing someone just so i dont go back to the pit."

"Okay, wait, wait." Dean stopped, "I say we call Bobby. We get him back from hedonism."

Sam shook his head, "Dean, what's he gonna tell us that we don't already know?"

"I don't know, but we got to think of something!"

Later that night...

A/N: LGBTQ smut warning on this next part!

Upon needing to clear her head, Angel found herself idly walking outside. As she passed the impala she was met with Anna's curious gaze.

"Oh, sorry..." Angel cleared her throat and pointed behind her, "Ill, uh, give you a minute-"

"No no, stay."

Angel nodded as she shuffled back over to her, "How are you holding up?"

"Trying."

"Yeah." She nodded, "I can definitely relate to that."

"I'm just a little scared, I guess." Anna studied her quietly for a few seconds before moving closer, "Angel... I just wanted to thank you."