Ch 4 Section 2

Back at their motel...

The Winchesters walked through the door to their room, but stopped upon seeing something by the window. Or rather someone.

Dean grinned, "Travis." Sure enough their fathers old hunting friend sat at the table with a beer in his hand, "See, guys, told you we should have hid the beer."

"Smartass." Travis stood to greet them, "Get over here." He laughed as he and Dean hugged, "Ah, good to see you boy."

"You too."

"Blondie! Well, you sure are a sight for sore eyes." Angel chuckled as he hugged her next, "Still as beautiful as ever."

"Still as charming as ever."

He separated from her to hug Sam next, "Good to see you."

"You too, Travis."

"Man, you got tall, kid." They all laughed, "How long has it been?"

"Ah..." Sam shrugged, "Gotta be 10 years."

"You still a... oh, what was it... a mathlete?"

Sam scoffed a little, "No."

"Yep." Dean grinned, "Sure is."

"Been too long, you three. I mean, look at you." Travis shook his head, "All grown up. John would have been damn proud of you. Sticking together like this."

"Oh yeah." Angel said with little enthusiasm, "We're like the three musketeers." She sent a look to her brothers causing Sam's smile to slowly disappear, "Nothing more important than family, right boys?"

Travis walked back over to the table, oblivious to the tension. Dean and Angel followed, both ignoring Sam and his pouting.

"Sorry I'm late for the dance." Travis sighed as they all took their seats, "Thanks for helping out an old man. I'm a little, uh, shorthanded." He indicated his right hand and arm, which was covered in a cast, "So, you track down Montgomery?"

"Yeah." Sam nodded, "We found him at his home."

"And?"

"Well, he had a hell of a case of the munchies." Dean explained, "Topped off with a burger he forgot to cook."

Travis heaved a sigh, "That's him alright."

"What's him?"

"Well, looks like we got a rougarou on our hands."

Angel raised a brow at him questioningly, "A rougarou?" She looked at the boys who were just as confused as she was, "That something you just made up on the spot?"

"They're mean, nasty little suckers. Rotted teeth, wormy skin, the works."

"Well, that ain't this guy." Dean argued, "I mean, he was wearing a cellphone on his belt."

"He'll turn ugly soon enough. They start out human, for all intents and purposes."

"So, what?" Sam frowned, "They go through some kind of metamorphosis?"

"Yep, like a maggot turning into a bull fly. But most of all- they're hungry."

Angel cocked an eyebrow, "For?"

"At first, for everything, but then..." He motioned his good hand, "For long pig."

Sam exhaled at that as Angel grimaced in disgust, both realizing what he meant by that. Dean, however, looked on in confusion.