Ch 12 Section 13

Flashback: Truman High School 1997

Dean stood kissing a young girl in the janitor's closet . A girl that wasn't his current fling, Amanda. He was momentarily distracted by a knock at the door.

"Five more minutes, Jerry."

Amanda opened the door and Dean instantly pulled away from the girl he was currently lip locked with.

"Amanda hey!" Dean briefly looked from the brunette back to Amanda as he scrambled for an excuse, "Gettysburg address, 1863, right?" Amanda stayed standing in front of him glaring before the other girl walked out and Dean let out a stressed sigh, "History test next period. We're studying." Amanda shook her head at him before turning and walking away, Dean close behind, "Come on, baby. She means nothing to me. Don't be mad."

"I'm not mad, Dean." Crossing her arms she turned back to face him, "I thought maybe, underneath your whole 'I could give a crap' bad-boy thing, that there was something more going on. I mean, like the way you are with your brother, but I was wrong. You spend so much time trying to convince people that you're cool, but it's just an act. We both know that you're just a sad... lonely little kid. And I feel sorry for you, Dean."

"You feel sorry for me, huh? Don't feel sorry for me. You don't know anything about me." She shook her head once more before turning to walk off with her friends, "I save lives. I'm a hero. A hero!"

A few of the other girls that were standing nearby were also glaring at him.

"What?" Dean glared right back, "What?!"