Dead Uncles and Vegetables

Anna was running around the diner having to work the floor by herself since Luke was on the phone trying to arrange his Uncle's funeral. Lorelai and Rory walk through the door. Anna walks over to them after filling up a lady's cup.

"How is it going?" Her mother asked.

"People are infuriating. They are in a diner, not a fast food place." She yelled, glaring at Sy who was screaming for his food that Cesear just put on the counter.

"Okay." Lorelai stretches out the word.

"Sorry, Luke has been on the phone all morning and he can't serve while he's on the phone." As if proving her statement Luke walks over to give someone their order while holding on to the phone, hitting a few customers with the phone cord in the process.

"I can see that." Rory nods. They followed her to the counter. "Where should the poached eggs go?" She picked up a plate.

"Crank in the hat." Luke nods to Sy.

"Hey, I'm not a crank! You're a crank, crank!" He glares at Luke.

"He is a crank," Rory mutters under her breath as she walks over to give him his order.

"And the French toast?" Lorelai picked up a plate.

Anna grabs the plate from her. "I got it, can you get him to stay on the phone? Him wanting to do his regular work while planning the funeral is what is causing this chaos." She was manning her tables fine but Luke's one was acting like the world was ending. She had to deal with those angry customers making her customers grow impatient.

"Will do." Lorelai went to convince Luke to let them take over.

Anna made her rounds of refills. "Where's Jess?" Rory came over to ask her.

"Oh my god, I completely forgot about him. He told me he was getting dressed and would be right down. That bastard." She curses him as she goes up the stairs. When she finds the door locked, she pounds on it. "Jess, open up! I know you're in there."

"Hey babe, I locked the door because I was changing. I'm dressed now so..." He stepped out to close the door.

"Fuck off, it does not take you an hour to get dressed." She glares at his back.

"Are we going to argue or help out Luke?" He asks in mocking concern as he walks down the stairs. Anna followed close behind him, when he was on the last step she pushed him causing him to stumble into the diner.

"Well, you're very graceful." Lorelai was surprised that he came down.

"She pushed me." He pointed at his girlfriend.

"Do you have proof of that?" She tilts her head.

"I could've broken my neck." He glares.

"Could of, should of, maybe. They all don't count. Now, do something." She shoved a coffee pot into his hands, still angry that he was up there relaxing while she was down here busting her ass. She put two hands on his back to push him towards a table that needed a refill.

"Despot." He looks over his shoulder to hiss at her.

"And don't you forget it." She left him to greet the people that just sat down.