Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days

Anna walks into the kitchen to see her mom half-asleep drinking coffee. "Another dream?"

"Yes... I called Rory per our agreement that I take turns waking you guys up when I have a nightmare." She rubs her temples.

"I can't be expected to handle your neediness by myself. I can't care if Rory is in Washington. She still has to deal with her responsibilities here." Anna made herself a cup of coffee and sat down across from her mother.

"Well, I'll have you know that I fell out of bed trying to reach for the phone." She gave her an accusing stare.

"The way you tangle yourself in the sheets, you would have fallen out of bed getting out of it to wake me up." Anna reaches over to grab some waffles from the eggo pile.

"Do you want to hear about my dream?" She asked.

"Didn't you already talk about this with Rory?" She didn't need to get into her mother's head so early in the morning.

"I could use another point of view. I'm sleeping in bed while wearing this fabulous nightgown, and like thirty alarm clocks go off. I get out of bed and I walk downstairs, and there, standing in the kitchen, is Luke!" She started to tell her dream.

"Is this some weird sex dream because I have to look at Luke today?" She was ready to put her hands over her ears if it got gross.

"No, it was domestic. He was making breakfast. Eggs, pancakes. and bacon. He put decaf coffee in my regular coffee bag, which of course I knew immediately." She brags.

"How could you not?" Anna nods.

"Right, any sane person would know the difference. So eventually I find the real stuff under the sink. He hands me my breakfast, and then . . " She trails off.

"Did he give you a different type of sausage?" Her hands were raised to the side of her head. "No, that would have been less freaky. He kissed me and talked to my stomach!" She told the part that made it a nightmare.

"Why?" Anna tilts her head.

"Because apparently, I'm pregnant! With Twins." She screams the last part.

"Sounds like you got some weird breeding kink." She sips her coffee.

"Why do I have perverted daughters?" She sighs.

"Because we have a perverted mother." She laughed.

"Susanne." She pouts.

"Oh the whole name, you're really freaking out, huh?" She put some syrup over her waffles.

"Rory thinks it's because I'm jealous of Sherry." She rested her head on her hand.

"Maybe... you were close to having that with dad. It makes sense that your brain goes for your constant male presence." She didn't find it weird that her mind went to Luke when it thought of domestic life. He fed her every day and put up with all her crazy quirks.

"I thought it was going to happen this time." She looks down into her coffee.

"I know," She reached over to squeeze her mom's hand.