Nick and Nora/Sid and Nancy

Lorelai, Anna, and Rory are sitting at a table. Lorelai and Anna eating breakfast with Rory watch them. "How are the eggs?

"Good," Lorelai told her.

"I'm glad." Rory stares.

"Mines go great with my pancakes." Anna put a fork full of pancakes soaked in egg yolk into her mouth.

"I'm still glad." Rory nods.

Lorelai put her fork down to tell her, "Look freak, we will not be late."

"It's the first day of school. I wanna get there early." To Rory, the first day of school was an exciting time.

"We will be there early, I promise." Lorelai went back to eating her breakfast.

"I have different classes this year, my routes aren't the same. I haven't found the quickest path around. And my locker, they moved it, so I don't even know if it'll work properly and then I'll have to get a new one and God knows how long that'll take or where it'll be and that could send the whole day into chaos." She rants. Lorelai and Anna smiled at her. "I'm just excited." She smiled. This year, she would get to write for the paper.

Lane walked into the diner and came over to their table. "Oh, thank God, you haven't left yet."

"Nope, what's up?" Rory looks up at her.

She pulls a chair up to their table. "Well, I found the greatest record store in the world. It's ten minutes from your school and I'm wondering how much you love me."

"Address." Rory grabs a paper from her backpack.

"Record Breaker Incorporated, 2453 Berlin Turnpike." Lane gave the address she memorized. She didn't want to write it down and have her mother find it.

"Got it. Place your order now." Rory said after she finished writing the address.

She pulled out The Mojo Collection, a book of the best albums from her backpack. She opened it to the first post-it. "Okay, Charles Mingus, The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady." Anna hums in approval, while Rory writes it down. "The Sonics, Here are the Sonics."

"Burn me a copy. Next." Rory nods.

"MC5, Kick Out the Jams. Fairport Convention, Liege, and Lief. BeeGees, Odessa." She turns to the page with post-its on it.

"BeeGees, really?" Rory raises an eyebrow.

"Well, Mojo says." She tapped the book cover.

"So it must be true." Rory smiled.

"Okay, that's it. Now if I could just find a copy of Whistler, Chaucer, Detroit, and Greenhill, I will finally be done with the sixties." She smiled in joy at the music coming to her.

"I can get there today, tomorrow at the latest," Rory promised.

"I love it when you go back to school." Lane smiled. The doorbell rang and in came Taylor leading his troop of boy scouts. Anna raised an eyebrow wondering if it was really necessary for Taylor to be in uniform too.

"Me too." Rory smiled in excitement for the new year. "Hey!" She yelled at her mother who got up and was about to leave her line of vision.

"I am getting donuts for later. As soon as I do, I will take you to school and the nice men in the white coats will pick you up." Lorelai put a hand on her daughter's shoulder.

"I'll come with. I want a to-go coffee." Anna stood up. They walk over to the counter where Taylor is standing there with the group of Boy Scouts.

"Everybody, listen up. Decide what you want, place your order, and then proceed to the end of the line." Taylor tried to keep order but the boys weren't having it.