They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?

The Gilmore Girls were sitting around the dining table. "This is amazing chicken, Mom. I mean it, really great." Lorelai ate another piece.

"Thank you, Lorelai." Emily took the compliment.

"It's like super chicken. I bet it could fly. Have you tried tossing it out the window?" She cut the rest of the chicken up.

"Alright, what's going on?" She put her silverware down.

"What? I like chicken." She didn't see why her good mood was making her mom suspicious.

"Nobody likes chicken that much, Lorelai." She narrows her eyes.

"I like it that much," Anna spoke up from the first time since the chicken arrived. Emily hushed her.

"I'm in a good mood." She shrugs.

"Why?" She needs a better answer than that.

"My God, it's my ninth-grade homecoming dance all over again." Lorelai sighes.

"Homecoming dance?" Rory asked.

"In ninth grade, I got asked to the homecoming dance and I didn't think I would, and I was in a good mood, and Mom got so annoyed that she made me go to my room." She told them.

"Grandma?" The teens look at her.

"She was sitting at the table giving all the peas voices." She defends herself.

"With a little encouragement, I could've been the Senor Wences of the vegetable set." Lorelai looks at her vegetables, thinking of voices for them.

"Lorelai." She warns.

"Okay, okay, okay. It'll come out soon enough. Today, ladies and gentlemen, I found a dance partner." She smiled proudly.

"You did?" Rory asks.

"A good one." She nods.

"Who?" Anna asks.

"What are you talking about, a dance partner? A dance partner for what?" Emily hated when they left her out of things.

"Our town is having a dance marathon this weekend," Lorelai explains.

"It's always a different time-periods. This year it's the 1950s." Anna had her dress picked out, she just had to convince Jess to take her.

"It lasts twenty-four hours and the last couple left standing gets a trophy," Rory told her the reason that her mother was excited about it.

"A big trophy." She put her hands out to show how big it was.

"Well, that sounds very nice." Emily nods.

"All the proceeds go to charity," Rory explains why the whole town got involved.

"Which is great... but did I mention the trophy?" Lorelai was picturing it on her mantel.

"I believe you did." She nods.

"'Cause, it's big." She put her hands out even farther.

"Charitable events are wonderful things to take part in. There's nothing more rewarding than devoting yourself to making someone else's life better." Emily loved a creative charity event.

"And whose life isn't better with a truly gigantic trophy around?" Getting that trophy was on her bucket list.

"So who'd you get to dance with?" Anna repeated her question.

"Stanley Appleman." She told them.

"Who's Stanley Appleman?" Rory never heard that name before.

"Oh, he's brand new in town. He works over at the hardware store, and the best part is, he used to be part of the touring company. . .of Riverdance." She brags.