A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving

The Gilmore Girls were walking down the streets in Stars Hollow talking about their new Thanksgiving plans. "So she coldcocked you, huh?" Rory asked.

"She bit me, incapacitated me with her poison, and devoured me whole." Lorelai was telling them how Emily came to the Inn to force her to come to Thanksgiving at their house.

"But how are we going to go to four Thanksgiving dinners?" Rory asks.

"It's not four, is it?" Lorelai wonders how many commitments they made.

"I said yes to Lane's. You said to Sookie." Anna pointed at her mother.

"We always stop by Luke's." Rory reminds them of their tradition. "Now, we have Grandma and Grandpa. That's four."

"Well, we've gotta go to my parents' or we'll be brought up on war crimes." Lorelai sighes. A few weeks ago, Richard and Emily took Lorelai and Rory to Yale to give them a tour. In secret, Richard set up a meeting for Rory to meet the head of admission. It upset Lorelai so much that she skipped a few Friday night dinners.

"We? I was not at Yale. I have no crimes." Anna missed it because her phone interview for culinary school was scheduled then.

"Me neither, I didn't skip Friday night dinners." Rory gave a smug look to her mother.

"Okay, I will be brought up on war crimes. So back to the matter at hand. Lane's is always super early, so that's easy to catch. Sookie's is mid-afternoon." They could do breakfast at Lanes, lunch at Sookie's, and dinner at her parents.

"Luke's the toughie." Rory didn't see how they could fit him in.

"Guess that's the one we'll have to skip." Lorelai shrugs.

"Bummer." Anna wanted to spend at least a part of Thanksgiving with Jess. But, she couldn't skip on Lane when she promised she would be there to save her from boring relatives. She couldn't miss Sookie's, thanksgiving meant so much to her.

"I know, but he won't care. Holidays are nothing to him anyway." Lorelai was convinced Luke's was the one to miss. Kirk walks out of The Chat Club with several bags. "Hey, Kirk. Discover a new freaky fetish?"

"What?" He had no clue what she was getting at.

"Nothing. You buy a cat?" Rory pointed at the cat bed in his hand.

"Yup. I'm very excited." He nods.

"You seem it. So what's all this?" Anna looked at all the bags in his hands that were filled.

"I'm assuming there's nothing left in the store." Rory smiles.

"There are several things left." He corrects.

"No, I meant you seem to be buying a lot of stuff." She explains.

"Oh, sorry. My excitement must be clouding my ability to judge comedic hyperbole." He said in a flat tone.

"So where'd you get the cat?" Lorelai asks.

"A lady had a bunch of them at the grocery store and Kirk seemed to take an instant liking to me." He told them.

"Kirk?" Anna pushes her lips together.

"Yes?" He looks at her.

"No, I mean, the cat's name is Kirk?" She elaborates.

"Yup." He pops out.

"Weird coincidence or. . ." Lorelai asks.

"I named him Kirk." He cleared up.

"Isn't that confusing?" She didn't see why he would do that.

"Not when you think about it." He had thought about if it is confusing but he decided it wouldn't be.