Here Comes the Son

The Gilmore girls were at Weston's Bakery. They were looking up phrases that they would need to know for their backpack journey. "Where's the ladies' room? More coffee, please. Does Antonio Banderas live near here?" Lorelai listed the ones that she wanted to know.

"We do not need to know how to say, does Antonio Banderas live near here?" Rory laughed.

"Oh, yes, we do." She nods.

"Mom." She whines.

"When we're in Spain, we need to know how to say, does Antonio Banderas live near here?" She insisted.

"When in France, does Johnny Depp live near here?" Anna adds. Lorelai nods in approval.

"When in Rome, does Gore Vidal live near here?" Rory smiled.

"You know, you look like me, yet my ways are completely lost on you... Come on, honey, put that down. You've been studying all day." She saw her with a school book.

"I can't put it down, I've got finals coming up." She grips the book tighter.

"I know you have finals coming up, but you also have a piece of pie sitting there that you've been completely ignoring." She pointed at the plate.

"Just let me get to the end of this chapter." She wanted to reread the novel before the finals.

"Oh, fine. Hey, how important do you think it is to be able to say, help, I'm bleeding from the head?" She looks at Anna.

"Why don't you just bring the phrasebooks." She took a bite of her blueberry pie.

"Because if we learn all the phrases we need, then the phrasebooks are one less thing we have to lug around." She reasoned.

"But, what if we run into a situation we didn't see coming and we need the book?" She challenged.

"We can learn enough. Plus, doesn't everybody speak English over there anyway?" She shrugged.

"Ugly American, a party of one." Rory piped up.

"Fine, we'll bring the books." She hung her head in defeat.

"Okay, five minutes for pie." She put the book down to grab a fork.

Lane walks in and sits down with them. "They're here, I've got them." She put a bunch of papers on the table.

"You've got what?" Anna asked.

"The brochures for my college." She told them. They each snatched one.

"You seem chipper," Rory noted.

"I am. I have decided to make this whole Seventh Day Adventist College experience a good one. I'm gonna look on the bright side, find the silver lining, and make myself some lemonade." She smiled.

"Well, good for you." Lorelai was happy to see she was no longer in dread.

"The campus looks pretty." Anna noticed all the flowers.

"Very pretty." Rory nods.

"It's got two huge parks with gardens and lakes." She listed.

"Two parks." Lorelai smiles.

"One for boys and one for girls." She gave the reason. "And you know, I had originally thought that this was gonna be a suffocating place with out-of-date rules and insane restrictions, but boy was I wrong. For example, the curfew is up to 9:30 pm. 9:45 pm if you're going for your Master's. Makeup will be permitted, as long as it identically matches your skin tone. And owning a Rolling Stones CD is no longer grounds for expulsion. You can work the demerits off in the campus clean-up crew."