Women of Questionable Morals

"So, what's wrong?" Anna asked Rory.

"Wh.... What makes you think something is wrong?" She stutters out.

"You asked me about the weather? What did I have for lunch? How is everyone in my life? What's next, are you going to ask about my health?" She felt like she was being forced to talk to someone she hadn't seen in years.

"It's just... having you talk to dad?" She asked.

"Oh yeah, I've talked to him once a week since Sherry dropped off GiGi. Well, there were a few missing weeks when Sherry left because he was overwhelmed. Mom helped him get it under control, so we're back to talking every week." She was holding Sasuke, who was feeling clingy as she went around watering her plants. "I just realized I am making use of my unlimited minutes. I call you, Dad, Mom, Grandma, Grandpa, Babette, and Miss Patty almost every week. Every Time I talk for at least an hour. Be it that Babette and Miss. Patty is at the same time, but still, I'm getting my money's worth." She felt a bit triumphant about it.

"So weird, who would have thought you would be closer to Dad than I am?" She remembers how her sister refused to talk to their dad.

"Yeah, how the times have changed?" She put down the watering can.

"He has been staying in contact with mom for parental advice and I don't know if it's wise." She had a bad gut feeling about this. "He ruins everything for Mom every time he shows up."

"I wouldn't go that far." She put her phone on her shoulder to hold up to her ear while she switched Sasuke to the other arm.

"You have to agree that he has a hold on mom....I want Luke and Mom to work. I got desperate and told him to stay away." She confessed.

"Wait... what?" She gasps.

"When he's around, she reverts to a teenage girl who wants the bad boy to be good for her. He lets her down each time. He didn't listen anyway. He had lunch with Mom. Now, he is here at Yale. He tried to force me to go to breakfast with him. He just showed up at my dorm this morning." It was funny how she was desperate for his attention growing up and as an adult she wanted him to go away.

"Oh yeah, he's visiting his parents so he's in the area." She nods.

"Why didn't you say anything?" She felt betrayed.

"I honestly thought you were talking to him too." She assumed her sister was making the same progress as her. Chris wants to make up for his neglect. "Mom is a grown woman. It's her responsibility to keep Luke informed and feeling secure while setting boundaries with Dad. We've grown too now... so I don't think their relationship should affect our relationship."

"You don't have any loyalty to mom?" She gasps.

"It's not about that, Rory. Mom doesn't want her relationship with Dad to affect us either. And dad has Gigi..." She was going to go on when Rory interrupted her.

"Oh yes, because he has Gigi and is a single dad, so we have to be sensitive to his feelings." She fake pouts. "Single mothers do it all the time and no one has sympathy for them."

"Okay... I don't know if you know but I was raised by a single mother. I want a relationship with Gigi and at the moment she can't call me on her own so I go through her agent." Rory snored at hearing that, hating that their dad was getting another chance he didn't earn. "You know it's a little too late to be going through this teenage angst." She didn't like all this aggression that was coming at her.

"Sorry, he has the worst timing." She sighs.

"That he does. I arranged to get the weekend off. On Saturday, I got Gigi for the day. Dad is going with his father to a doctor's appointment if you would like to spend the day with us. I'll pick her up and then come get you so you'll never have to see him." She offers.