Red Lights on the Wedding Night

Anna, Lorelai, and Rory were having the time of their lives eating cakes. "Oh my God, here!" Lorelai put a fork up to Anna's mouth.

She took the bite. "Wow."

"With a crunch and a zing and a hm hm hm hm, hello!" Lorelai greeted the fork that Rory put in front of her face before eating it.

"Okay, our house is burning down, and you can save the cake or me. What do you choose?" Rory asked her mother.

"Well, that's not fair. The cake doesn't have legs." Lorelai pouts. Anna laughed at her answer.

"So, how are we coming here?" Fran, the baker, came to ask them.

"Oh Fran, so good. This cake is amazing." Lorelai took another bite.

"Beyond amazing." Rory stuck her fork into a piece of cake.

"Beyond and Back." Anna hummed.

"Well, I should hope so. We've been doing this for 112 years." Fran went behind the counter.

"Well, you don't look a day over a 106." Lorelai points a fork at her.

"No, I meant my family's been doing it for that long." She shook her head.

"Right. Okay, well, I'm glad we got that cleared up." Lorelai nods slowly at her joke not landing.

"The raspberry, the raspberry, the raspberry!" Rory bounced in excitement. Anna used her fork to get a taste and hummed in agreement.

"So, when is the big day again?" Fran smiled at the girls before looking at their mother.

"Two weeks from tomorrow." She smiled.

"Have you picked a flavor?" She asked.

"Oh, I don't know. They're all so good." She looked at all the mini cakes.

"Well, you have to try them again." She told her.

"Oh no. I've already eaten so many." She pretended like she couldn't.

"This is a very crucial decision, young lady. The cake is the glue of the wedding, so you will stand here and eat until you decide." Fran's eyes light up with a passion for her work.

"Okay, if you insist." She took another bite of a cake.

"I do. After all, what's more, important than your wedding day?" She asked.

"Well, it ain't Guy Fawkes day." She smiled.

"Yes, well, I'll just go and see if there's anything else in the back." Fran nodded, but her face showed she had no idea what Lorelai was talking about. She walks into the back to get away from her.

"So, how was Max last night?" Rory asked.

"Well..." She smiled.

"No gory details." Anna cut her off.

"Like I've ever shared that part of my relationship with you." She scoffs.

"You've alluded, you've insinuated, you have tiptoed to the brink of impropriety." Rory agreed with her sister that her mom likes to gross them out.

"That Chilton has taught you some big words." She moves along the counter to take a bite of another cake.

"That's kind of the point." Rory and Anna follow along.

"It was really great. I'm glad he's back." She smiled.

"And he's on board with the whole smallish wedding thing?" Rory asked.

"Oh yeah. We want fun, we want simple, we want fast. We've been completely in sync, without the slight boy band affiliation." She added the last part when she saw Anna ready to make a joke.