The Third Lorelai

The Gilmore Girls were sitting around the table for Friday night dinner. It was oddly quiet for the four talkative women. "Everyone's quiet tonight." Emily pointed out.

"Sorry Mom, I'm just tired." Lorelai took a sip of her water.

"Me too... school," Rory told her.

"Work," Lorelai adds on.

"Life," Anna sighed.

"Dig it, man." Lorelai nods to her daughters.

"Peace out Humphrey," Rory said in the most bored tone ever.

"Mystery," Emily had no idea what they were going on about. A moment of silence covered the table before she broke it again. "Well, this is just ridiculous. Four intelligent women sitting here in complete silence. There must be something to talk about. Do you know that every night at dinner, the Kennedy clan would sit around the table having lively debates about everything under the sun? They would quiz each other about current events, historical facts, and intellectual trivia. Now the Gilmore clan is just as smart and worldly as the Kennedy's so come on somebody say something."

"Do you know that butt models make $10,000 a day?" Lorelai said the first random fact that pops in her head. Her daughters chuckled.

"Camelot is truly dead." Emily decided that the silence was better.

"Emily!" Richard called out his wife's name when he entered the house.

"In here, just follow the crickets." She yelled.

"I am sorry I'm late, but I come bearing wonderful news." He came in and sat down.

"Siri bring Mr. Gilmore a plate!" Emily yelled to the maid while getting up and following him to his seat.

"I just got off the phone." He told them.

"Would you like to change first?" She took his napkin off the table.

"No, no, no I'm fine. So I..." His new was interrupted yet again by his wife.

"Siri, Mr. Gilmore is hungry!" She placed a napkin in his lap.

"Emily, I am perfectly capable of putting a napkin on my lap." He picks the napkin off his lap to put it back on.

"Alright, I'm sorry. You were on the phone." She went back to her seat.

"Long-distance," He clarified.

"God?" His daughter asked.

"London." He told her.

"God lives in London?" She gasps.

'My mother lives in London." He didn't know why the women in his life insisted on interrupting him.

"Your mother is God?" She asked.

"Lorelai," He warned.

"So, God is a woman..." She ignored his warning to go on with her game.

"Lorelai," His voice got firmer.

"And a relative, that's so cool. I'm going to ask for favors." Lorelai smiled.

"Make her stop." He turns to his grandchildren.

"Oh, that I could," Rory hummed.

"When we find an off button we'll let you know." Anna snickered at her mom's pout.

"You spoke to your mother." Emily got them back on track.

"Yes, I did. She's fine, she sends her love and she's coming to visit." His face was beaming with excitement.